2kg Gain

Options
Looking for some insight as to what is happening.

Started RI30 a week ago. Done every evening including Saturday when I did week one circuit plus week two circuit. I wear a bodymedia armband to track my steps/calories used (Although didn't wear this weekend). Except for yesterday (I forgot to log my workout in evening) my net calories hasn't been over 700. Why do my scales show a 2kg gain????

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    eat more

PS its water weight or normal weight fluctuations hths
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My weight normal fluctuates 4 or 5 lbs a day.

Weight loss is Not linear because of food gut weight and water retention.

As long as you are in a deficit, Fat loss is pretty much linear. It's just that you can't measure it with a weight scale. You just got to trust the calories in vs calories out system.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You just started a workout so it's water retention from muscle breakdown. But having very low calories is very bad too. How many total calories are you eating and how are you estimating your exercise calories?
  • madasanatter
    madasanatter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You just started a workout so it's water retention from muscle breakdown. But having very low calories is very bad too. How many total calories are you eating and how are you estimating your exercise calories?

I'm eating between 1200 - 1400 calories a day normally, although was a little lower last week as I was unwell. I am tracking my calorie use on a bodymedia armband. I am new to the RI30 workouts but have been following the 30DS so shouldn't have too much water retention.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I'm eating between 1200 - 1400 calories a day normally, although was a little lower last week as I was unwell. I am tracking my calorie use on a bodymedia armband. I am new to the RI30 workouts but have been following the 30DS so shouldn't have too much water retention.
    Regardless of the program, you can't control water retention, it's part of the muscle repairing process. Also, I notice your diet is rather high in carbs. More carbs = more water weight too. I would suggest adding a bit more protein and fats. Also, since JM dvd's are not huge calorie burners (unless you are doing two a day), I would suggest adding a few hundred more calories.. maybe start around 1600 to see how it goes.