5.2 diet

Options
Hi guys, i am wondering if anyone else is on the 5.2 diet? I started it 2 weeks ago and although I am finding it easy (so far), I am struggling to find recipes that I enjoy, does anyone have any helpful tips or recipes ? thanks :) x

Replies

• babyk78
    babyk78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting Monday. How's it going for you? I've been trying to research recipes too.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started today on this diet. How is it going so far for you? I plan on eating grilled chicken and grilled veggies tonight.
  • SuziJones1982
    SuziJones1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I've been on the diet for a few weeks now and for once, it seems to be fitting in with my lifestyle really well.

There are a couple of favourites that I have as my dinner allowance (although they are English recipes sorry):

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/11300/mediterranean-fish-stew

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4824/squash-and-chorizo-stew

My only advise would be to stick with vegetables and protein (stay away from the carbs).

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Good Luck!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Been on the 5:2 for about 3 weeks now. Today is one of "those" days. Overall, not too bad to stick with and I've lost 5+ lbs.

Good luck!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You can join 5:2 fasting in the groups and they have a load of people doing the 5:2 and share recipes, one link you can find some ideas: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/983286-fasting-menus good luck. x
  • jebby7
    jebby7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I too started 2 weeks ago but on ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) as I'm clinically obese. I'm doing this for 3 weeks then switching to 5:2.
    Well, two weeks gone on alternate day fasting with one week to go. Can't say that it's been too hard.And I'm now down 7lbs. More importantly I've lost 2in off my waist (and a fair bit from everywhere else too). After next week I'll be going to 5:2. So I'll report back then.
  • jampen51
    jampen51 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi - I started 4 weeks ago - today is the beginning of my 5th week. 4.5 lbs lost so far. I keep my fast days very simple. Two meals. No picking/snacking between. Lunch time is about 150 cals, so maybe 2 hard boiled eggs, or 3 oz of philly cheese with celery and maybe some tomato. And for dinner, I also go very easy. Usually a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, red peppers, avocado (a bit), celery, sun flower seeds (very few), and about 50 cals worth of roast turkey or chicken. No oil, just a teaspoon of balsamic. For a treat afterwards, if I have enough cals left I'll have a teaspoon of almond butter. I've found the less fuss I make on fast days the better. In a way it is pretty freeing not to have to think about food. The feast/feed days were my downfall the first couple of weeks when I tended to go overboard, but since week 3, that has calmed down, too. It's seems livable in the long term for me.