To the new comers...

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
First off. Welcome aboard! You have taken a step in the right direction. Whatever your reason for coming here it's a sound one. Now get one thing straight here folks. I will be very blunt some wont agree some will others may hate me. This is not going to be a picnic in the park. You have to dedicate yourself to making this change. It is going to take heart and effort. Sure take a slack day here and there I do. Just be realistic about it.

Everyday look at yourself in the mirror. See how you look now, feel it? Feel how you feel about yourself right now? Do you like that feeling? I didn't! I hated myself! over 70 pounds ago I loathed myself. I could barely keep up with my kids! Now? Now they can hardly keep up with me. You are going to want to give up. You want results and you want them NOW! Guess what! That ain't going to happen! It takes a good solid 12 weeks before you'll see REAL results, lasting results.

Your body took a long while to transform into what it is now, do not expect or even think it'll be easy to undo what has been done to it. Embrace the pain that is to come. Welcome it and push yourself. You can do far more then you think you can right now. Do not every say "I can't do this" if you do, you have failed. I have a tattoo on my chest now with the words "I will never quit" I learned the meaning in the Army, and I apply it to all things in life now.

Suck it up. Push on, become that champion you know you are. I see the fighter in you, the beast raging to be set free. The being that wants to be. Let it out! Let it out every day with pride! Fight for that healthier you do not ever stop! Always rise up to the challenge! No matter how small it is you will meet it head on and shatter it. I know you can do this! I know you will do more then you think you can do and be better then you thought you could be! Now show the world! GET LOUD! BE PROUD!

Replies

• kkdelduca
    kkdelduca Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks!
  • daveross73
    daveross73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Sound advice, and congratulations on your success!
  • nishka1111
    Options
    First day here and the amount of support going around is amazing. :heart:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Your biggest asset is your will to push on! Your biggest obstical is the want to give up! Both of these are conquered in your head! This is your struggle and it will test your limits but the reward is you!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Well written, great post!!