Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

QUESTION about food???

cstibbe
cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times, please bare with me I am semi-new to this whole MFP thing and I am just trying to make the most of it!

So in the food area where we have the option to watch 6 different areas (Carbs, protein, fat, sugars, etc), what are the most important 6 I should be watching for losing weight? I know that Cars, protein, and fat are important but I usually switch between sugar and sat fat quite a bit so was just curious to see what others think are important?? Thank you!

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I watch carbs, proteins, fats, fiber and sugar - personally.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    sodium!!!

If I consumed too much doe the day, I know that I need to drink at least 2 - 4 more cups of water before bed

**Once I kept track of the sodium the weight has been coming off =)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Calories, fat, protein, carbs, and sodium. All important factors to keep in check for weight loss
  • Serowland
    Serowland Posts: 17 Member
    I watch calories, fat, carbs, protein, sodium, and fiber. Fiber as I have celiac disease and rarely get enough fiber unless I watch it. That just makes me feel better.
    Sandra
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Calories, fat, protein, carbs, and sodium. All important factors to keep in check for weight loss

i do the same
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    I like to keep diverse ones up there, because it kinda helps me keep a balanced diet. I also keep protein and iron on the page, because I'm a vegetarian and I want to make sure I'm getting those nutrients I'm missing from not eating meat. It really just depends on your own needs. These are the ones I have on my page: fat, sugar, fiber, iron, protein. I think sugar is a really important one to watch, because as Americans, we are somewhat inclined to eat very sugary foods!
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    great thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.