Anyone trying to gain weight?

Options
I need people to add who are actually trying to gain some weight. I mean, my friends list consists of all people who are anorexic (no offense to them, but that's not what I need to see) and overall people with opposite goals from me who do not like my tempting to make them eat by posting my happiness about getting past a certain calorie limit or packing on a pound or so.

I'll add people who are healthily trying to lose weight though, no problem :)

Replies

• owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi Pixie

i'm not trying to gain weight, i'm trying to lose the evil bread baby. Mostly, I am trying to gain my pre-uni fitness and muscle tone. I lost most of my weight for my wedding, i did not want to weigh 3 stone more than my husband!

I didn't have a weight or dress size as a goal, i had a look. I'm still trying to get that look, it keeps me motivated. I had a fitness trainer ages ago, i want to look like her. Yes that's impossible, but that's what keeps me motivated! I can only get close to what she looked like by doing my absolute best. She was at least the same body type and height as me.

Size and weight are arbitrary considerations, health and overall happiness are my main goal.

friend me if i'm the sort of person you need, if not i won't take offense.

owie.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You're already on my friends list. I'm not actively trying to gain weight but I am avoiding weight loss at all costs. If I gain 5lbs, then so be it. I tend to lose if I even miss a meal. Gaining is difficult.
  • dmexo
    dmexo Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm trying to gain at least 10 pounds. I was really sick for a while and I lost a lot of weight. I'm about 5'0 very petite losing 10 pounds makes a big difference. I want to tone my body back into the shape I was comfortable at I just feel to thin!
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Persoanlly I'm trying to lose weight but I have a three yr. old I was told by her pediatrician has to gain weight so please anyone with tips or if I can creep your food diaries ! That would help me a lot, as of now I feed her as I feed the entire family but give her the extra cheese butter ( real) nuts as prescribed by the dr. Also pedasure drinks ...the dr. Also said to feed her puddings but I'm not into sabotaging her like that ( I think it's a recipe to a disastrous adulthood) thanks
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey whats up, im trying to get rid of a few more lbs to get my body fat percentage down, but then im going to be working really hard to bulk, and ill be trying to gain around 10 -15lbs of good healthy weight. you can add me and go through it together, im kind of a hard gainer, so i have to work hard to gain good weight.
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My weight loss was a nice side effect of having to change my lifestyle when my liver failed. Thanks to a damn fine doctor who didn't load me up on pills, we went militant on my eating habits (low salt and lower protein and no red meat mostly) and it saved my life.

It's been almost nine months. Now I'm introducing different foods into my diet to see what I need to avoid and what I can eat safely. I do count calories now, but to ensure I'm eating enough to not lose anymore weight and to track my nutrition with my doctor.

For me, food is medicine. My life depends on it.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    A group just started, called Hard Gainers, that might fit the bill.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    Im trying to gain weight but not fat. pretty much gain muscle lose fat
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    On the road to bulk to 180 lbs then go on a cut. Add me if you have some similar goals in mind :)
  • xXK1LL3RxCH1CXx
    Options
    I have a high metabolism. I am also trying to gain weight by toning up and gaining lean muscles.