Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
ldw5490
ldw5490 Posts: 23 Member
Hi,

I'm looking to find suggestions for meal replacement shakes. I've never used them, so I don't really know where to start. Thanks!

Replies

• FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I get premier protein shakes. There pre packaged. I like blending them with ice and coffee, and currently sugar free torani syrup from cash and carry.
    160 calories
    30 pro
    5 carbs
  • 1975jobu
    1975jobu Posts: 9
    Options
    I use dymatize protein powder & throw in some strawberries & a banana...very filling & great for recovery too!
  • adsaylor
    adsaylor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology and I love it.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Click espresso shakes are a-ma-zing! I keep a tub of the mocha at work, and the mocha, the vanilla latte, and the decaf mocha at home. 120 calories and 15 grams of protein. For a treat, I'll add ice and sugar free raspberry Torani's and blend.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Try making your own. That way you learn about eating healthy. Start with a good quality portein powder, add fiber and healthy fat .....green smoothies can be super heallth ...... spinach, chia or flax...... banana, berries.... lots of healthy things to add.

Personally, drinking a meal doesn't do much for me.... but as long as you are trying ot incorporate "lifestyle" changes .... any weight loss should be maintainable. Meal "replacements" without lifestyle changes often leads to yo-yo dieting.
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    I do the slimfast 3-2-1 plan its 3 healthy snacks 2 shakes (breakfast and lunch) and 1 under I think 550 cal dinner I have lost alot of weight before on this but my problem after I stop the plan I binge eat because im not used to eating solid foods so I gain it back.
    My snacks are applesauce fruit cups or fiber bars

The shakes do work but you have to have control after you stop drinking them other people will disagree other people will bash these shakes you have to see if it works yourself
  • siobhanrenee1
    Options
    I drink Advocare Meal Replacement Shakes with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. They are great!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I do the slimfast 3-2-1 plan its 3 healthy snacks 2 shakes (breakfast and lunch) and 1 under I think 550 cal dinner I have lost alot of weight before on this but my problem after I stop the plan I binge eat because im not used to eating solid foods so I gain it back.
    My snacks are applesauce fruit cups or fiber bars

The shakes do work but you have to have control after you stop drinking them other people will disagree other people will bash these shakes you have to see if it works yourself

"but my problem after I stop the plan I binge eat because im not used to eating solid foods so I gain it back" .

.... no, the problem is you don't actually learn HOW to eat properly. To maintain weight loss you need to change bad habits. These are called "lifestyle changes."

I've done Slim Fast too (I was hungry all the time ..... and the sugar content!) .... the quality is poor. I gained all the weight back too.

Yes - you will get a lot of bashers here...... MY Fitness Pal is about logging foods and exercise. These are "tools" you can use to learn good nutrition.
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    Keep in mind

Everyone.... Has .... There.... Own ... Opinion!

As I said you will have to yourself if it works for you!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I drink the Atkins milk chocolate. I like the taste and it does get me through to the next meal. Usually, I only have them once a day.