My PACE cardio is really working!

fxst78
fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
For the last week or so I have switched to the PACE method of cardio instead of the standard long moderate pace cardio I was doing and the weight has really started dropping off. I have lost 1.3kg (almost 3lb) since thursday.
I don't have a lot of time so the 23 minute PACE is great!
Basically it is an interval style of training. Go at active heart rate for 2 minutes (less than 65% maximum) then go as hard as you can for one minute (I get to Max HR by the end of the minute by aim for at least over 80%) then back to active HR and repeat!
For me this burns around 350 cal in 23 minutes.

Remember depending on your fitness level your HR may not come back to the low level in the 2 minute break, but just go at the exercise level that you used to get that HR in the first 2 min. You may hardly be moving at all. FOr me it is a walk for the 2 min and an all out sprint for the 1 min.

There is a more involved timing to do it, 1 minute max, 90 seconds max, then 2 min max or something but I find 2 off 1 on easier to remember! I have been doing it on a treadmill and an elliptical. Seems to keep me energised for the rest of the day too!

Replies

• jenialynn
    jenialynn Posts: 14 Member
    I've been doing the same! Works great!!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    That's about what I do, sometimes its a run inbetween walks or sometimes staircliming/or incline between,....that's what I have always read works best and seems to be doing ok for me (especially when I am REALLY watching what I eat)....I've lost almost
    50 lbs. in 5 months (weight loss now slowing).....
This discussion has been closed.