How many slices are in a pizza?

Options
Hello,

I was checking the nutrition facts for pizza. There are around 350 calories in one slice of a medium cheese pizza in one of the fast food restaurants.
Considering there are at least 6 slices in a medium pizza, does that mean that a medium pizza that doesn't look like a huge meal has 2100 calories? Ridiculous! There must be something I haven't considered.

Replies

• glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It depends on the pizza place. I’ve seen from 6 to 12.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I usually see 8. How many calories were you expecting a whole pizza to be? 2100 seems pretty reasonable.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I usually see 8. How many calories were you expecting a whole pizza to be? 2100 seems pretty reasonable.

Yup.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Normally, pizza's are cut into 8 slices. Figure 300-375 calories in one slice.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    8 usuually but Depends on the pizza...

8"~16"+, is it circular? Square? Deep dish? Thin crust?
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    No, that sounds about right to me. When you are talking deep dish pizza you can easily add 100+ cals per slice, over 800 more calories in a small pizza!

Most places a small is 8 slices, medium is 10 slices, and a large is 12 slices.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    small = 4
    medium = 6
    large = 8
    xlarge = 12
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Best bet is to measure your slices against the 'serving size in grams/ounces' from the restaurant's nutrition info.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Usually eight..but if I'm real hungry I will have them cut into 12..hahahahahahahha
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Depends. There's eight in both larges and mediums unless requested otherwise where I work. Personal pans are quartered by default.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Usually it's 8.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    is this a trick question?
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    As many as you wish.
    If you want it to be four, make it four.
    Two, make it two.
    You can even have the whole pizza and call it a slice.
    Just weigh the "slice" and record properly.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    a dominos medium pizza is like 2400 calories..so yes 2100 is reasonable...
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I usually see 8 slices
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was checking the nutrition facts for pizza. There are around 350 calories in one slice of a medium cheese pizza in one of the fast food restaurants.
    Considering there are at least 6 slices in a medium pizza, does that mean that a medium pizza that doesn't look like a huge meal has 2100 calories? Ridiculous! There must be something I haven't considered.

what you have not considered is the insane amount of calories that can be in the foods that you love to eat....welcome to healthy eating...
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It used to be a standard eight for a regular round pizza at a pizza parlor. I think it may have changed according to the venue. There used to be an old joke about a man asking the waitress how many pieces were in a pizza. She said eight. He said, "I tell you what, I'm not that hungry, so just cut it into four". It used to be funny. These days many people don't get it--
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    sounds about right. Remember that your adding in cheese, bread, and other toppings. It can add up really fast.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Usually eight..but if I'm real hungry I will have them cut into 12..hahahahahahahha

Hahahah Good one :laugh:
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've no idea where people come up with the six slice theory. LOL I cut pizza into fourths first...then again and end up with eight pieces total. I seriously think that there are many things that are oddly portioned in order to make it seem that there are less calories than there actually are per actual serving.