I never get enough fat

Options
I am almost always way under on my fat. This is probably due to the fact that I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, and SOMETIMES red meat but mostly chicken.

I always use olive oil when I make veggies in the frying pan. Is this really that bad? Is it going to stall or sabotage my weight loss? Or is it a good thing?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    have some avocado on a regular basis. some healthy fats are good for you.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i dont think it will sabotage it, but it will slow it down... add some yogury, cheese, nuts, Avocados like Capt said. adding fat is easy, its all the delicious stuff haha
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Damn, I go over on fat every day! I eat avocados and eggs daily, so that definitely accounts for a lot of my fat intake (the rest is from meat--chicken and fish). Salmon and almonds both have some good amounts of healthy fat too!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Dietary fat does not equal body fat.

In short, eat fat. Just get the healthy types.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    add in some dairy to help hit your fat number!
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Coconut Oil is where I get most of my fats from. Damn tasty too!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Damn, I go over on fat every day! I eat avocados and eggs daily, so that definitely accounts for a lot of my fat intake (the rest is from meat--chicken and fish). Salmon and almonds both have some good amounts of healthy fat too!

I go over pretty much every day too. Avocados, dairy, nuts, and meat are regular staples for me and I use a small amount of oil with which to cook.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Lots of people's numbers don't completely match the MFP macros, sometimes deliberately. The only thing I would watch out for is that you pair your veggies with oil of some kind so your body can take in all those fat-soluble goodies.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Eat whole milk dairy and eggs.