So what does 50+ pounds less look like?

Options
erikkmcvay
erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
Back in October of last year I weighed 282lbs and I looked like this:
Erikafter45lbs640x485_zpsea0df65b.jpg

By December 4th I was fed up with myself and finally started seriously working at losing the weight I'd gained. I was 275.8lbs having walked a little since October and having lost a few pounds in the two months.

Not sure when I started MFP -- perhaps February -- but eventually found myself here and use the diary daily (unless I am not in town and don't have internet access since I don't use it on a phone) which has helped a lot.

With diet and exercise I've done this:
IMG_1152359x640_zps58e08170.jpg
That's my step-daughter laughing about something that just happened before the pic was taken -- we were at her cousins wedding.

Here is my wife and I:
IMG_1150573x640_zps2e0f7fba.jpg

I'm not using any new diet or any published diet, just eating much better (lots of whole grains as some have probably already read here -- about 40-55% carbs -- and very limited simple carbs) and getting LOTS of cardio :)

So while I have about 25lbs to go I thought I'd share because, well, I'm feeling pretty darn good and you can too! :D

Replies

• jenhanke
    jenhanke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME! And also, you look happier. What a beautiful family you have too =) Way to go!!
  • erikkmcvay
    Options

And am very lucky to have such a great family! (my wife and I have 5 kids between the two of us and Sarah - above - is the youngest).
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    Good job man. Can't believe how much thinner your face is. Keep up the good work!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I tip my hat to you....great stuff!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • AnnieMitten
    Options
    Congrats! This is very motivating
  • erikkmcvay
    Options
    Thanks all :)

I agree on the difference in my face! Amazing!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal job! Congratulations!
  • saphyreplatypus
    Options
    WTG! Looking good, congrats on all you've accomplished so far, can't wait to see your goal pics!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You look great! For a second I thought the first two pics (side by side) were your before and after and was thinking, wow, he looks exactly the same - how does that happen?? Then I scrolled down, and WOW, HUGE difference. High five!:flowerforyou:
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You seriously look great!! Good for you, you should be so proud of your accomplishments so far. :drinker:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WTG..congratulations, you look fab! Can't wait to be where you are..thanks for the encouraging post! :wink:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!!
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! That is awesome!! trying to get my BF to monitor what he eats even for a few days a week but its just too much work lol
  • erikkmcvay
    Options
    Weightloss_zps10a27530.jpg
    For those interested these are the measurements I took in February after losing 20lbs and today having lost over 50. I didn't take starting measurements for whatever reason so can't say what they were.
    Note: I measured my thigh at the top and mid-thigh because most of my fat was at the top of the thigh and I was curious to see how it came off.

I can say though that I am VERY happy to be here and can't wait to be at my goal weight which is around 205 depending on body fat level.

1f77fd05-7505-49b8-8947-7d9ecccbf138_zps3e047586.jpg
    I'm a bit of a spreadsheet junkie and work on my PC all day so have time to do things like this -- it's a graph of my weight-loss over the last 30 weeks.

I must admit (and looking at the graph you can see it) that I've had setbacks (usually involved eating bread or junk food) but all in all I've kept at it and expect I can make my goal in the next 2-3 months.
  • erikkmcvay
    Options
    Thanks again everyone :) MFP has been a HUGE part of my success so far and while I might debate weight loss plans, ideas, info etc with some of the folks here I respect ALL of your opinions and as such have learned a lot! THANKS!

This is a motivating group and you've helped keep me at it so if I can help any of you I'd be happy to :)

All I know is that losing weight is TOUGH! BUT if you keep at it you WILL lose :D

Which means you'll win :)

Don't worry! Be HUNGRY!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! You made a tremendous amount of progress and sounds like you did it very smartly! Go, you!
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    HOT couple.
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!