Replies

• DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • magicsonata
    magicsonata Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of Paleo but I haven't committed. Maybe I can with some of these recipies :happy: THANKS!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PALEO BUNS great for breakfast sandwiches with eggs ham and cheese or hamburgers super east.
    1/4 c greek yogurt (plain, any degree of fat)
    4 eggs,
    1/4 coconut flour
    1/4 ground flax
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 bsp honey
    mix it all up, let it set 5 minutes so coconut flour abosorbs some moisture, plop onto parchment paper in 6 equals globs (ice cream scoop works) or better yet pam 5 mini (4") wilton cake pans and divide between them, bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until set. cool and slice, NOM friggin love these, I often just divide it into 4ths and make one batch when I need it, can form it into hot dogs buns, spread out for pizza crust etc etc love this recipie

Thank you so much for this recipe - it's THE BEST bread type recipe I've found so far. Usually any baking with coconut flour seems to come out soggy and eggy - this just has got the balance perfect.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to share the recipe on the low carb / paleo site I run with a friend over here in New Zealand (www.lowcarbcookinginstyle.co.nz). I'll be doing it without the honey though as we prefer to minimise any sweeteners.

Just had (another) one toasted and dripping with butter.....marvellous.

PS: I used golden flaxseed (I grind my own) to minimise the strong taste flavour it can have. One of the other members also subbed the yoghurt with sour cream and the flaxseed with LSA (Linseed Sunflower Almond) - and again, it worked really well.
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    PALEO BUNS great for breakfast sandwiches with eggs ham and cheese or hamburgers super east.
    1/4 c greek yogurt (plain, any degree of fat)
    4 eggs,
    1/4 coconut flour
    1/4 ground flax
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 bsp honey
    mix it all up, let it set 5 minutes so coconut flour abosorbs some moisture, plop onto parchment paper in 6 equals globs (ice cream scoop works) or better yet pam 5 mini (4") wilton cake pans and divide between them, bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until set. cool and slice, NOM friggin love these, I often just divide it into 4ths and make one batch when I need it, can form it into hot dogs buns, spread out for pizza crust etc etc love this recipie

Thank you so much for this recipe - it's THE BEST bread type recipe I've found so far. Usually any baking with coconut flour seems to come out soggy and eggy - this just has got the balance perfect.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to share the recipe on the low carb / paleo site I run with a friend over here in New Zealand (www.lowcarbcookinginstyle.co.nz). I'll be doing it without the honey though as we prefer to minimise any sweeteners.

Just had (another) one toasted and dripping with butter.....marvellous.

PS: I used golden flaxseed (I grind my own) to minimise the strong taste flavour it can have. One of the other members also subbed the yoghurt with sour cream and the flaxseed with LSA (Linseed Sunflower Almond) - and again, it worked really well.

go for it, share away :) I grind my own flax as well and I too omit the honey because you just don't need it! in my opinion :) omg I never tried toasting it, I bet it would be awesome! Going to do that for breakfast tomorrow!
    I have also splatted it onto waxed paper and put another sheet of waxed paper over top and smooshed it into a circle, bake it still between the waxed paper, peel off when done and used that for a pizza crust!!!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks re. sharing it :)

Love the pizza base idea, will try this weekend.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    oh baby!!! Yay for pizza!!!!! lol Thanks!
  • cindylee123
    cindylee123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • lourdes1201
    lourdes1201 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Raw mammoth carcass...mmmmm so bloody!

Sorry I couldnt resist. Go back to your recipes.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump~ I've been Paleo for a while but have been getting bored... these recipes will be perfect! : )
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Boiled egg, tomato, avocado diced up for breakfast.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am a Paleo wannabe. I dabble in it. My FAVORITE recipe (which I made tonight!):

Pork Carnitas

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/04/29/stovetop-pork-carnitas/

I have streamlined the recipe to mesh better with working mom/easier cleanup and less fat.

Use boneless pork loin and trim all silverskin and as much fat as you can get off. I suppose pork tenderloin would work too.
    Cook in a crockpot, with a crockpot liner. Only add the lemon and lime juices (or just lime like I did tonight) and NO other liquid. Cook on high until fall apart tender. Pick, shred, strain juices and mix them back into the meat.

I served it tonight as a deconstructed taco: Carnitas, vinegar based cabbage slaw with red onion, bell pepper with a teensy bit of corn--and avocado!

ETA They are not crispy like true carnitas but hey, I don't have to scrub a pan.

Great one - but you should try this......http://ourfullplate.com/recipes/crock-pot/holy-moly-pork-shoulder-crock-pot-goodness/

It was beyond delish and if you like them crispy....just throw under the broiler - and be sure to make the tomatillo / avocado sauce too..... we will most likely be making this at least twice a month!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
  • shequeen
    shequeen Posts: 7
    Options
    Call me stupid, but what's Paleo??????
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Favourite breakfast but can be anytime meal
    http://whatthisfoodieeats.com/2012/06/03/sweet-potato-apple-sausage-and-egg-hash/

Beef stew
    http://paleoinpdx.com/2012/11/08/sweet-and-smokey-beef-stew/

Curries are another go to. 1 tbsp of red curry paste, 1 can of coconut milk, simmer for 10 minutes. Add in your cooked meat and vegetables, simmer for another 10. Quick and easy. I do onions, sweet potato, pineapple, bell peppers, zucchini, etc. in it.

Mayo -
    1 egg, 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Put in food processor and let sit for a half hour to bring to room temp. Add 1/4 cup of light tasting olive oil (NOT extra virgin), 1 tsp dried mustard, 1 tsp salt. Blend. Slowly add another cup of oil while the processor is on (about 2-3 minutes). Ta-da.

The Foodee Project is also good for recipes.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Steak! Heh.

Seriously I made this roasted cabbage recipe I found on pinterest and it was amazing! I've made it a bunch of times already and it's really easy.

http://www.marthastewart.com/315062/roasted-cabbage-wedges
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    check out blog PaleOMG ... for great ideas !

I make her 5 ingredient Acorn Squash breakfast all the time, like A L L the time .... I eat half for dinner, and take the rest for lunch the next day.

she bakes the egg in the squash after it's cooked.... i cook mine separately - it's easier

My mouth is now watering... gonna have to make this again real soon ; )