any ladies with pcos have this???

Options
ok anyone out there have PCOS? since I have been dieting and working out the last month and a half or so, i am wondering if the weight loss is stirring up my hormones. I know that they say that weighloss can do that when you have pcos. this month it seems like my body wants to have a period but is having a hard time. I have been having cramps all month, (light) and tender breasts, i am moody off and on, like with pms. Also, i get sooooooo tired, for days at a time. then just when i start to feel better, bam here i go again. I have been dealing with this all month now, my cramps were worse today, like they are just before you get your period, but nothing yet,
anyone else have this??? it is like phantom pms or something. I get all the symptoms with no period.

Replies

• rtamayo
    rtamayo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ok anyone out there have PCOS? since I have been dieting and working out the last month and a half or so, i am wondering if the weight loss is stirring up my hormones. I know that they say that weighloss can do that when you have pcos. this month it seems like my body wants to have a period but is having a hard time. I have been having cramps all month, (light) and tender breasts, i am moody off and on, like with pms. Also, i get sooooooo tired, for days at a time. then just when i start to feel better, bam here i go again. I have been dealing with this all month now, my cramps were worse today, like they are just before you get your period, but nothing yet,
    anyone else have this??? it is like phantom pms or something. I get all the symptoms with no period.
  • dsjenner
    Options
    i am 28 and have pcos. i too have being working out at the gym for just over a month i am seeing good results but i am having trouble with my periods just now and they dont seem to know if there coming or going. funny enough i had very tender breasts all last wek and i've never had this problem before.
    I am feeling very moody and just the last two days feeling a little teare and short temperd.
    i wish our bodys could be simple and easy to look after
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too, my periods have become very irregular since I have been working out. My Dr. said it is normal so annoying yes but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.
  • rtamayo
    rtamayo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yeah, i am used to having to take Provera to get a period every few months. I have not had a period naturally in forever. I finally started last night, light, but hey, better than going another 6 months without one right??
    I have read that women with PCOS can benefit from diet/excersise. I read that by losing as little as 10% body fat it can stimulate hormones and cause some to start to ovulate.