It finally fits!

Options
I bought a t-shirt at a concert in January... It's American Apparel size EXTRA LARGE. I finally wore it to work for the first time today. I'm guessing their stuff runs kinda small....

Anyway, it's my new profile pic.

Replies

• Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Is that for the band Cake? They are awesome!

Anyway, that is awesome! I have a bunch of clothes I hope to fit into soon. Great job!
  • losing100plus
    Options
    Your new profile pic shows a lot of progress from your other two pics. Great job!

My latest NSV is that I can put both shoes together and stand up. My knees used to have so much extra fat that I could never put my feet that close together and be able to stand. It's great to acknowledge all the little changes.
  • raqmartins
    raqmartins Posts: 17
    Options
    I think you look amazing! Are you sure you're 50? Wow! :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You look great!! And American Apparel runs REALLY small... my a cappella group learned that the hard way when we ordered our club t-shirts from them :grumble: Congrats on your awesome NSV!!
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a great feeling!? Great job.
  • nkoconnell
    nkoconnell Posts: 34
    Options

Yup... 50 was the impetus for this journey, I think.

I see that you are from Portugal. My sister-in-law is Portuguese, and with food that good I don't think I could lose weight there!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! That is definitely a feat because they do run small. I can squeeze into an American Apparel medium, whereas my mediums from Express (still trendy, but with reasonable sizes) fit nicely.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's my goal! So many awesome shirts are printed on that brand and by the time I cram the twins in, the shirt is riding up 4 inches above my belly button! That is an awesome NSV!
  • raqmartins
    raqmartins Posts: 17
    Options

Yup... 50 was the impetus for this journey, I think.

I see that you are from Portugal. My sister-in-law is Portuguese, and with food that good I don't think I could lose weight there!

LOL! You got that right! Ask your sil about bacalhau com natas and pastel de nata, I NEVER say no to those! But I really need to start to...:(
  • zombinaape
    zombinaape Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Radically amazing job! You rock! And Cake rules!!! I hope you felt like Wonder Woman today :)
  • nkoconnell
    nkoconnell Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes... Cake totally rules. My daughter's awesome bf got me tickets for Christmas - they don't tour much, so it was my first show. It was killing me not to be able to wear it! And then... I spent all day explaining to my co-workers that it's a band.
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bet they were really confused that you've lost so much weight and you were wearing a shirt about "Cake". Great job. Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!