looking for friends with open view diaries

Options
semi new to mfp (just hit my 23 day mark!) and running out of cool pinterest recipes. Looking to get some ideas by diary browsing. Please add me if youre willing to let me look around your daily food!

I lost 100 lbs on an extreme diet about 3 years ago. Gained most of it back. looking to do it the right way this time :-)

Thanks all! Happy shrinking!

Replies

• tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    me me meee:)

I follow TDEE - 25%, so around 1700 cals per day
    I think I'm a pretty good example :)
  • smthapede
    smthapede Posts: 4
    Options
    Ive never heard of tdee. Whats the 25% thing?
  • benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my diary open feel free to add

TDEE is Total Daily Energy Expenditure how many calories you burn in a day based on height/weight/age/activity leves etc

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    mine is open. Feel free to add me :)
  • adrylong
    adrylong Posts: 29
    Options
    I didn't even know mine was set to private. I changed it. Add me. I've been posting a lot of the food I make on tumblr, but I'm thinking of reviving my old food blog.
  • CSugaSuga
    CSugaSuga Posts: 6
    Options
    Same here! I prefer friends with open diaries for foodspiration!
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    To find your TDEE (which I highly recommend, having way more success this way)
    you should go here and calculate your body fat percentage:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

then go here and calculate using the Katch-McCardle method and entering the body fat percentage you just calculated:
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

For activity level, select BMR to find the absolute minimum your body needs to function on a day you're not active. This is the absolute minimum you should be netting.

Now enter your true activity level. This is your TDEE, This number is how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. Subtract 20 - 25% to create your calorie deficit and you now have your magic number!

When using TDEE - 20% you will NOT eat back any exercise cals because your activity level was used in calculating the number of cals you need. Hope I'm helping! :)
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Add me if you'd like
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Mine is open -- Added :) I track daily and try to keep up with my friends too (although - not today because the news feed is down :( )
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    mine is open, always
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Why do various members say their diary is open but when I click on their picture--it isn't open. Do you have to go through the friending process before you can see someone's diary?
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just started to go by my TDEE as I have been going up and down the same 3 pounds I here good things about it. My diary is open you can add me if you like good luck.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand* I had lost 50lbs my first year on MFP but gained 31lbs of it back *smh* I'm back again with all the motivation to find my happiness once more. Check out my profile :-)
  • smthapede
    Options
    Let me know if you do!
  • ms_c_06
    ms_c_06 Posts: 6
    Options
    Recently, I been lovin skinnytaste.com for recipes soooo many good tastin low cal recipes. Epicurious is another good place too! If you have not seen them already
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to poke around. My diary is open. I would also recommend checking out the Hungry Girl blog. There are a lot of good, easy recipes, and a lot of them mimic junk food in a relatively healthy way.
  • smthapede
    Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcme!
  • lma0426
    lma0426 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Mine is open (i think-although I'm new as of today, so I may have messed up!;))
    Add me if you'd like! I'm needing lots of motivation.:) I'm just getting started.

46696636.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • brittanygibson1426
    brittanygibson1426 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine is open also! Feel free to add me!
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mine is open :)