Weel 4 of insanity. Can I do it?

Options
Hey. I just started week 4 of insanity. yay me.
If I'm honest the everyday but one day off if getting really tiering, esp when I am seeing no physical result.
I seem to have pulled a lot of muscle, but I feel I am keeping my form more and doing move moves, even if I am still taking breaks and pratically falling flat on my face during any sort of push up (lol!)

I am determined to finish it, but I am curious. Will the recovery week help me to recover so that I can manage the second month. My main worry is the second month and being able to push myself through it.

Replies

• kentville1977
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations on doing Insanity, I'm just finishing my second time through. I completely understand how your body feels, my quads hurt everyday for weeks. Stick with it. I've lost 8" around my stomach and am noticing my legs getting toned. I don't experience the same intense soreness now, and I can really see a difference in how I can perform each exercise. The second month is the same difficulty of exercise, but now it's 47-59 mins long. You'll be sweating! I'm looking forward to starting month 1 again. I think if you make it through month 2 and then start again on month 1 you'll see results in your hard work. Do the recovery week, especially the first time through, I skipped it this time. Good luck!
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Thanks for the post. It's good to know that I'm not the only one lol
    Got to keep going :D
  • bkerstin
    bkerstin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Did you just go directly into month 2 with skipping the recovery or did you do month 1 for an extra week? Thanks.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    I'm only on week 4 atm. I'll be doing the recovery week next then month 2.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I start month 2 in the morning. The recovery week will still make your muscles burn, but it isn't really cardio. It is definitely easier than the previous weeks. Have you been taking measurements, progress pictures and/or fit test results? You should be seeing results in at least one of those. I was convinced I wasn't getting any results until I put my pictures from different weeks side by side. You don't notice it day by day, but when they're right next to one another, it jumps out at you.

If you were able to keep going, I don't think you pulled a muscle. You might have overworked it some, and you are certainly seeing DOMS, but a pulled muscle is usually far too painful to keep exercising. It sounds like you're doing it right. Good luck.