Weight loss troubles

Options
Okay so in January I started Weight Watchers at 167lbs- I went down to 150lbs(w/ no exercise!) and in April I decided to quit WW and track my calories on MyFitnessPal- according to the app I should consume around 1,200 calories a day- I did this for a couple of months and nothing happened- I didn't lose or gain any weight. So I started doing some at home workouts (insanity) and I ate 1,600 calories because I was burning about 400 per workout and I noticed I GAINED 6lbs! so now I am at 156! I didn't even measure myself so I don't know if I gained or lost inches but I am getting frustrated because I don't know if I am consuming the right calories! I also heard about Macros? Should I be counting macros? How do I even calculate my macros? Should I just stick with Weight Watchers again since it worked for me the first time?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

BTW I am a Female 5'1" 156lbs pretty thick/curvy frame I have muscular legs (the only part of my body that's firm and muscular), broad shoulders (for a girl) and mostly ALL belly fat- if any of that info helps!

Thanks

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When you start a new workout routine it's completely normal to gain water weight. When your muscles repair themselves they store a lot of water. You didn't gain 6lbs of fat, don't panic! =)

Also 1200+400 =1600 <---yes, keep doing it.

When you increased your calorie intake, you also added more waste to your bowels and more sodium in your body, additionally causing more weight, that is not fat.
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In the Search area of the forum look for road map... it will talk to you about BMR/TDEE/Macros, etc... it's a great place to start.
  • jenniferwoodweeg
    jenniferwoodweeg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do not eat back all of my exercise cal but, about 1/2 like others did because mfp over-estimated my burns by 100 cal or more at times. I found my work out online -video, and it gave me the actual cal burned. Went from 386 by mfp to 254. I would recommend u do the same and be more certain u are not making this mistake and eating what u really did not burn.