Binges

I've been doing really well on my diet for about 1 1/2 months now, and i've lost 10 pounds. I was super happy and everything but then today, i ate one piece of chocolate and next thing i knew, i was scarfing down the entire box. But i didn't stop there, I ate 3 granola bars, a bowl of cereal, a cup of milk, 2 handfuls of almonds 5 packs of crackers, 6 packs of cookies, 2 more boxes of see's candies, and more i can't think of :( This is the first time this has happened please help!

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    it could be that you're not feeding your body enough. What's your height/weight and what're you eating at?(calories)
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    It's a tough situation. I do the same thing sometimes. I don't really know if it's the idea that I already went off so what the hell or the simple fact that crap makes you crave more crap. I do know that it's very easy for a day to turn into a week and then a month. I've done that alot too. I know that it works best for me to not have stuff I don't want to eat in the house and try not to use the "one little piece won't hurt" excuse to eat. I know that eventually I will have to learn how to do that but not now. The worse thing is knowing that when it happens, I'm generally not even hungry after the first thing I eat but I still feel compelled to have something else. :ohwell:
  • Oh my goodness, exactly! I am never hungry after breakfast but i just always "have to" eat that extra piece of fruit or extra slice of toast.
  • it could be that you're not feeding your body enough. What's your height/weight and what're you eating at?(calories)

5' 3'' and eating at around 1300 and i don't work out at all? is that too little?
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    it could be that you're not feeding your body enough. What's your height/weight and what're you eating at?(calories)

5' 3'' and eating at around 1300 and i don't work out at all? is that too little?

It could be.
  • FrayaLace
    FrayaLace Posts: 14
    It's a tough situation. I do the same thing sometimes. I don't really know if it's the idea that I already went off so what the hell or the simple fact that crap makes you crave more crap. I do know that it's very easy for a day to turn into a week and then a month. I've done that alot too. I know that it works best for me to not have stuff I don't want to eat in the house and try not to use the "one little piece won't hurt" excuse to eat. I know that eventually I will have to learn how to do that but not now. The worse thing is knowing that when it happens, I'm generally not even hungry after the first thing I eat but I still feel compelled to have something else. :ohwell:

^that exactly, I binged a bit on the 4th and sense then I can't seem to stop! I always start out good and then all of a sudden all my calories are gone. I need to get back on track.