experiment??

Options
So I'm thinking if I puree a little bit of avocado and use the plain greek yogurt I have and mix it with tuna, it will be good? What do you think?

Replies

• Loisandrev
    Options
    Maybe for cat food!
  • SBecken87
    Options
    Maybe for cat food!

haha well I've heard the yogurt and avocado can both replace mayo so I figured if I blended them it wouldnt be so bland because the yogurt is very tart.
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    do not sound good to me
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    It is worth a try...if you don't like it you are out a few $...if you do like it you just found a great way to save calories!!!!
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How about this Avocado Green Goddess Dip/Dressing?

1 1/2 cups plain, fat free Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup low-fat Buttermilk
    1/2 Medium Avocado
    1 Tblsp chopped Basil
    1 Tblsp chopped Cilantro
    1 tsp Worcestireshire Sauce
    1 tsp Dried Dill
    1 tsp Ground Mustard
    1 tsp Garlic Powder
    1 tsp Onion Powder
    1/2 tsp Black Pepper
    Mix in blender or food processor until smooth. Store in fridge. Keeps for 3 days. Nutrition info already saved in MFP. Really good!!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    OK I actually think it would be good. I use yoghurt to replace mayo in some things, so I don't know why this wouldn't work as well. Also the avacodo would be nice in it I think.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I often use sour cream to replace mayo. Lower calories, and super tasty :)
  • stolicious
    Options
    I saw a recipe similar to this on Dr. Oz. I think I will try it.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I say give it a try. Personally, I wouldn't ever eat yogurt and tuna, haha. I'd just buy low fat mayo instead. I love avocados though (if they weren't so fattening, I think I'd have like 3 every day. :P) But, definitely give it a try if you think it'll work together. Maybe just take a bite of the yogurt, avocado, and tuna before you mix everything.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Add some salt and pepper and some finely diced spanish onion and Yummo! I have this often. Sometimes I use low fat ricotta instead of the greek yoghurt. Very Tasty.
  • Madamn
    Madamn Posts: 9
    Options
    mmm...avacodo...i've mixed avacodo and mayo before and it was good. I usually have a piece of rye or pumpernickel toast with half a teaspoon of mayo and a slice of american cheese, but the other day I did use yogurt instead (5 grams of fat for half a tsp is just crazy!) TODAY however, I used a wedge of laughing cow lowfat garlic &herb cheese. Its SO good and way more flavorful than most things that i put on my bread : )
  • SBecken87
    Options
    I often use sour cream to replace mayo. Lower calories, and super tasty :)

plain greek yogurt tastes like sour cream :)
  • SBecken87
    Options
    mmm...avacodo...i've mixed avacodo and mayo before and it was good. I usually have a piece of rye or pumpernickel toast with half a teaspoon of mayo and a slice of american cheese, but the other day I did use yogurt instead (5 grams of fat for half a tsp is just crazy!) TODAY however, I used a wedge of laughing cow lowfat garlic &herb cheese. Its SO good and way more flavorful than most things that i put on my bread : )

I live in a small town and I try not to drive unless its a must...we dont have the laughing cow :(