2 lbs in 2 days

Options
Hey so I weighed myself on Saturday just for an early check in and the scale said I said lost 3 lbs from my last weigh in a week ago. I weighed myself today and it said I gained two lbs. I've been under my calorie limit everyday and drink 6-8 glasses of water. How is that possible and should I weigh myself again tomorrow or just wait until next week?

Replies

• jackdub1
    jackdub1 Posts: 24
    Options
    don't constantly weight yourself, it will only be heart breaking, do it once a week or 2 :)
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You're experiencing water weight more than likely, because it's near impossible to actually fluctuate that much. The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, after going to the bathroom, and before eating anything.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hey so I weighed myself on Saturday just for an early check in and the scale said I said lost 3 lbs from my last weigh in a week ago. I weighed myself today and it said I gained two lbs. I've been under my calorie limit everyday and drink 6-8 glasses of water. How is that possible and should I weigh myself again tomorrow or just wait until next week?

Weight fluctuation is completely normal. Are you tracking consistently? Did you have a high sodium meal? Is it TOM? Does you calorie goal match what is appropriate for your height/age/current weight? Are your goals realistic? etc. All of those could be factors.
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    Not sure what TOM is but yes to everything else and I eat as little salt as I can so my toes don't resemble sausages.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    Sounds like water weight. I've learned that even though I do weigh myself every morning....I give it about a week to actually log a loss of weight. If the weight is the same for the next few days, then I consider it legit.
    If you are dehydrated, you might weigh less, but it is not real weight loss. Last weekend, I drank a lot! I was very thirsty and hung over the next morning. When I weighed myself, I weighed 3 pounds less! But the next day, I was back to normal.

Edit: TOM means Time Of the Month
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Not sure what TOM is but yes to everything else and I eat as little salt as I can so my toes don't resemble sausages.

TOM=time of the month