Searching for fellow vegans

Options
I have been with MFP for about 6 months. I quit smoking and became a vegan. I work out 5-6 days a week have lost 68 lbs and feel a little crazy...even though I have gone down almost 4 sizes when I look into full length mirror I see no change. It is frustrating. any advice will be welcome.TY

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You've lost 68 pounds and don't see a difference?! You need a new mirror! Too many times we look for our flaws instead of taking a step back and looking at the whole picture. Have someone take a picture of you now and compare it to pictures of you 6 months ago. I bet you'll see a huge difference!

I've been at this for over a year now and became (mostly) vegan a few months ago. I LOVE being vegan - feel so much healthier. The only thing I still eat is fish, but usually only once in a while, not as often as before. Where I live, in western South Dakota, being vegan is akin to being "liberal" (and I am) - but not well thought of out here! Though some restaurants are starting to offer vegetarian entrees. I'm very happy to see that!

Feel free to friend me. I plan to be here for a long time!
  • mrssunflowers
    mrssunflowers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree you need a new mirror!
    : )
    My advice would be to find other ways to celebrate your success. Don't focus on your appearance so much. Sometimes when we make big changes quickly, it takes a while for our eyes to catch up with what's in the mirror. Give yourself a pat on the back for successfully quitting smoking and going vegan... that is a huge accomplishment! I tried going vegan several years ago and I only lasted a couple of months. I'm impressed that you've been able to pull it off!

Keep up the good work!