Losing weight but not in breasts :(((

Options
Hi guys!! Since starting my journey ive lost about 25 pounds in 6 weeks. I started at 230 and im down to about 205 and im 5'5. Ive lost measurements everywhere on my body except my breasts!!! Its so upsetting because shirts fit in the stomach area now but not the breasts...im a 40DD. Should I see weight loss in that area soon? Thanks :)

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have lost 70 pounds since starting and I have lost very little in my breasts. I am still a 40c and its irritating. Hoping they will go down soon!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was a 40DD when I started... and I was close to your weight (a bit more). At about the 6 month mark (50lbs lost), I noticed some small changes-- nothing major. But then... BAM! It just happened. Almost overnight!
    Where have my boobs gone?! They are still (I suppose) considered ok in size 38C now, but the shape... hmmm... how do I say... they seem to have 'deflated' a bit. Boo!
    To answer your question, depending on how much weight you are looking to lose (I lost 80 overall)... it will happen. It has to. It just may be one of the last places it drops. For me, that last place seems to be my stomach pooch. DAM! Go away already!!
    Be patient... it will happen....
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Same here. I never lose weight there. But my breasts are dense tissue and not fat. I think that's why I don't. I'm a 40D, down 16 lbs since March. Still a 40D.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You might lose some fat in your breasts, but I wouldn't expect them to go down too drastically. Everyone is different, but If your breasts are more tissue than fat, then unfortunately the only option is a breast reduction.
  • tarashley13
    tarashley13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe do more upper body/chest exercises.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses differently. I need to get really lean before I start losing there. Clothes are an issue, especially button up blouses. I think the only solution is to buy them a little big and hire someone to take them in at the waist. I have a few that fit well and I'll keep them forever:)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ????
    IVE LOST 30 POUNDS AND NONE OFF BREASTS
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    This is totally an individual thing, some people lose from their chest, some don't. I never did (mine were mostly breast tissue) so I had a reduction (36G to 36D)
  • wonderkitty
    wonderkitty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Man, the replies so far are making me nervous... In 5'6, 148lbs and my bra size is 31G (I had to specially order bras)... I've always been big busted but hoped weight loss would help... It's really my last resort before reduction surgery... I can't take the back pain anymore and it feels like its getting worse with weight loss... Only lost 10 lbs so far but I don't see any difference whatsoever. Does anyone have any success in losing at least 2 cup sizes? And if so, how much did you have to lose to see the difference?
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It would help if you all posted pictures.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    This is totally an individual thing, some people lose from their chest, some don't. I never did (mine were mostly breast tissue) so I had a reduction (36G to 36D)

Wow. I went from a G to a D as well. Only way I lost anything!
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Maybe do more upper body/chest exercises.

For me, this does seem to make a difference. I used to bench 80 to 100 pounds on a regular basis and was much smaller. Now, I weigh the same as I used to but haven't benched in at least five years, and there isn't a significant change in chest measurements from losing 15 pounds.

With everything, play around, be consistent for a while with a plan, record observable changes, and ultimately you'll learn what works for you.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ????
    IVE LOST 30 POUNDS AND NONE OFF BREASTS

Because fashionable clothes -- even at large sizes -- are designed to look good for B cups and below. Those of us in the permanent C+ group will never, EVER, have a jacket, cardigan, neck scarf, or long necklace fall on our frames properly.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I started out with an under bust measurement of 50" and a full bust measure of 60". As of this month I'm at under bust of 43 and full bust of 53. I'm in a 42HH Elomi bra. I'm not sure what the North American sizing is since Elomi is a European brand I think. If I recall correctly it's a ...J maybe? So as my band size shrinks my cup size has kept up. I can still mostly fit into my old DDD bras so long as the band is 48/50, but it drives me nuts to have the band riding up my back and I'm spoiled for a bra that has underwire that ACTUALLY encompasses my whole breast.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm tall (5' 10") and for the first 50 pounds my 40DD chest didn't budge much.

Now that I've reached my goal weight (down 75 pounds) I've got some small boobs and I love them. I'm now a 36 A or B, I lost massively in my boobs those last 25 pounds and I'm ecstatic about it.

My boobs were always in the way and jogging/running was near impossible, not to mention the issues with finding any button front shirt that would look decent.

Here's hoping your chest shrinks up with a few more pounds lost.
  • wonderkitty
    wonderkitty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    An inspiration at last! I don't know if mine will show a difference at 30lbs lost- that's my goal but here's to hope!
  • Mrs_Goatess
    Mrs_Goatess Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest (5'4" and 160 lbs.), I've never seen the full side of an A cup. I seriously hope I *don't* lose what boobs I have!

I will take donations though!
  • saphyreplatypus
    Options
    When I started losing I was a 44G/H, VERY hard to find sports bras for those puppies. After about 40lbs I finally started losing in my chest. I am now down 80+ lbs and am about a 38 DDD (almost a DD) So it can happen, they will change, but they may be really stubborn. ;-)
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    Well I am jealous, I lose weight and my 36 b boobs are the first to go,, if you do lose any send it my way ;P