Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred?

Options
Hi all! Just started JM's 30 Day Shred today and am looking forward to seeing some results within the month. Any idea how to enter that into MFP? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I enter it in under "circuit training-general" add me as a friend we can do this together! I just started last wednesday.
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I entered it as aerobics, I know others enter it as circuit training. I didn't finish as the jumping was causing me all kind of knee problems. But, yesterday I got a new pair of shoes and we'll see if that changes things!
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. Make sure to take pictures now so you can compare them to your results when you're done!
  • tokimaromi
    tokimaromi Posts: 14
    Options
    today is day 2 for me on level 1. i have a HRM though so i just created my own "30 day shred" exercise and added in the time and calories. i know everyone doesn't have one though. boy i am sore! and totally out of shape lol
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    CaloriesBurned app has most Jillian workouts defined--enter your weight and time and click calculate.
  • jennifermcnickle2013
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MFP. I have just finished entering in all the nutritional facts for the food I will be eating this week. Today was Day # 1 of the 30 Day Shred for me. I love that it is only 25 minutes long, it is alot easier to fit into my busy day than alot of other work outs and I also love that I can do it in the comfort of my own home. I have 2 children ages 4 1/2 and 3 and I work Mon-Fri 7:30-5:00. So right now my routine is I get up at 5:00 A.M. and squeeze it in before I have to get ready for work. So far so good. Day # 1 wasn't too bad although I am sure I will feel the full effects when I go to get out of the bed in the morning! I don't find Jillian annoying at all like other posts I have read on the internet have , but I also was enlisted in the Navy for 5 1/2 years and went through boot camp so pretty much anything that doesn't sound like a drill instructor yelling at you makes me content! :) Anyway, I thought I would post on here to share my experience and to enjoy reading about everyone else's. Also I would like for this to be a way to keep accountable for my daily workouts. Please share all your info, experiences, tips, tricks, etc. :)
  • knyboer
    knyboer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 of level 2 and I'm loving it! (ok, that might be a little strong, I'm liking the results!) I've already had people start commenting about how I'm looking thinner and I've noticed a huge difference in my endurance and strength! When I started at level 1 all of the jumping jacks and jump ropes killed my legs. Now midway through level 2 jumping jacks don't even get my heart rate up and the jump ropes are one of my favorite parts! My only tip is to not think about it too much before doing the workout, that's how I usually end up talking myself out of it! Oh, and I started getting a minor shoulder pain during level one, I think from the push-ups, so be sure to ease into some of those harder moves to avoid injury! Good luck to everyone! I'm so proud of myself for making it halfway so far!
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    CaloriesBurned app has most Jillian workouts defined--enter your weight and time and click calculate.
    Thanks, you're right! I like this app but I'm still buying a HRM this weekend; curious to see how close the Calories Burned Calc app is to the HRM.
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest a HRM. I restarted 30DS last night with my HRM. I went back to my old MFP log and it was saying without the HRM I was only burning 200 calories for the 30 mins. It's all going to do depend on how hard you are pushing and your weight. According to my HRM last night I burned 501 calories. That's a big difference from what the app was saying I should be burning.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal gives me a lot more than JM website does so I use her formula to be sure.

Multiply 3.267 x your weight and that is how many calories burned in an hour. I then divide by 3 since the warm up and cool down are considered exercise but not intense. I get only 185 calories burned but if I use circuit on here its over 200!

3.267 x weight of 174 = 586.458/3=189.486

I used this equation and just made a "30 Day Shred" entry in my workouts. mrsskinnytobe posted it it another thread.
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I entered it as aerobics, I know others enter it as circuit training. I didn't finish as the jumping was causing me all kind of knee problems. But, yesterday I got a new pair of shoes and we'll see if that changes things!

The jumping caused me to have knee and ankle issues and even new shoes didn't help any. I had to stop and do pilates and Yoga Meltdown!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The 3.267 x weight /3 comes very close to what my HRM read for the average of the 30 days, just a little higher than average but I was admittedly slow the first couple days of each level till I got the form down. Good to know, thanks!
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Which App is this exactly, and for what system? I downloaded a few apps for my iPhone but I couldn't find any that had Jillian's workouts.