Awful relationship with food

Options
I have gone from eating normally, to restricting severly & losing over 23lbs (height:5'7, hw130-lw107), to binging & attempting to purge but my lack of gag reflexes wouldn't let me, then I actually began to eat healthy/normal food & I even ate an occasional treat without guilt. All of that happened just in about 8 months. Just a few days ago I weighed myself and found that I was 117. That number scares me. Most days I feel like I like my body, then theres others where I completely hate every inch of fat on me.
I've gone back to restricting. I eat healthy foods and I usually have a calorie intake of 1200.

How do you reach a happy medium and feel good about your body?

Replies

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You work out until you are too exhausted to eat. Works for me. Just kidding but I know what you mean :[ I do find when I really bust it at the gym I don't crave bad food and eat less...
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to be talking to a professional. Really. Before it goes any further. Good luck to you.
  • SkepticallyFit
    Options
    How about an outside opinion? You look great and your BMI is actually just below the healthy weight range of 18.5 (you are 18.3). My question is thus: Why would you want to lose more? If your goal is to change your body composition to look more toned, then you should lift weights and grow muscle. That means eating more.
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    I can relate alot. I struggled with anorexia and bulimia among other things when i was younger and now struggle with over eating. Personally outside help didnt work. But might help u if ur not in to deep. Goodluck :-)