Staying on Track When Sick

Options
I don't know if it is something I ate or if it was our recent trip to a kids fun zone, but I have had the worst upset stomach for the last few days. I have felt nauseated and achy. I am trying to stay focused, but I am also trying to eat something that will stay down. I have taken probotics, but it has not helped so far. I did not work out Monday, because I wanted to give myself time to feel better, but I don't want to derail my success. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Should I try to soldier through and work out anyway?

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'd say give your body chance to rest, especially if you're feeling faint or dizzy.

BRAT might work too. Or ginger ale. Or Saltines.

Feel better soon!
  • Kathleenkirkendoll
    Kathleenkirkendoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just went through a 3 week period of being sick. I actually ended up in the ER room and four days later had an unexpected surgery. I am just recuperating from the pain of surgery, but, I am feeling totally exhausted nearly everyday after walking 30 - 45 minutes. Previous to my surgery I was working out anywhere from l - 2 hr. a day. I made up my mind not to push the exercise to quickly and have a set back. Lost my appetite as well and have been eating only soft foods that I seem to be able to tolerate.
    Despite getting out of my normal routine of eating and exercising I have lost an additional 3 lb. - so I will not complain about
    that. Totally I am down 75 lb. with only 15 more to go. I made up my mind this time no matter how long it takes I am not going
    to quit - I will meet my goal before the end of the year or hopefully sooner. My advice to you is take it easy until you feel better
    and you will get back to your normal routine soon enough.