Burpees are EVIL

Options
Tried a new exercise this weekend called a burpee and they killed me!! Wowsers these are tuff stuff, I could do maybe 5 before I couldn't do anymore and that is without the pushup in the middle. Next day my whole body hurts. Definitely have more respect for this move now. Anxious to see how long it takes to achieve the 2 sets of ten I was supposed to do, lol.

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah burpees are terrible. Not only do they hurt but I feel like a complete idiot when I do them.
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    They are the best ever!!! Next is to do the 1 legged burpee. the 100 burpee challenge. you will eventually build up to this.

Still trying to do the burpee to a pull up.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I do the beginner version. I step back. I simply can NOT do the jump part. For some reason I can't seem to get the whole way. I can't end up being in a plank position. (Side note - I was doing planks today when it dawned on me that just over a month ago, I could barely even do a plank and now I have no problem doing them!)

(Edited for grammar issue)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have to do them during boot camp and body attack. I agree they are an EVIL that you will one day look back and say thank you.:love:
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Keep doing em... i could only do 5 at first.. now i can do 85 in 7 minutes :)... last time i checked.
  • TNBelle35
    TNBelle35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW.....now that is something to be proud of...wow!!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I do the beginner version. I step back. I simply can NOT do the jump part.

This is how I started too! I kept doing them and now I do them with push-up and squat jump. Just keep at it!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    They are the best ever!!! Next is to do the 1 legged burpee. the 100 burpee challenge. you will eventually build up to this.

Indeed!!!
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hate 'em or love 'em, there's no doubt that they're great for you!! :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Burpees & I are tight... We have that love/hate relationship ya know? Hate to love 'em, love to hate 'em...
    I look forward to doing them, for about the first 20 reps, and then I curse the day I ever learned of them and wonder why on earth would I subject myself to such torture. RINSE/REPEAT.

Sweet torture :bigsmile: I'm also learning to love one legged burpees, but I'm just in the hating phase right now. :laugh:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Yes they are!!!! That is why i dont do them unless the trainer makes me when i use her. There are too many exercises out there for me to do one i hate.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Someone here on MFP has a picture of them in a shirt that says "BUCK FURPEES." Need I say more? lol.

I hate Burpees. I do the modified Burpee during the set I have to do in Chalean Extreme each week.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    MjAxMy0yYzIzNWMwM2RiNmYzNzFl.png
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I thought of this post tonight when I was taking Body Attack. Guess what we did?....Drum Roll......Burpees
    Considering I could do 0 at one time, I am proud to be a part of the burpee club
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    They are !!!!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's a love hate thing, they are a pain in the @ss but so effective.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Keep doing em... i could only do 5 at first.. now i can do 85 in 7 minutes :)... last time i checked.
    OMG! That is awesome! I bow to you... I did burpees as part of a challenge and there were some days when I had to work up to 28 of them... and lord, that was tough.. I was never so glad to have that part of the challenge be over!

85 ...7 minutes... WOW!! Something to work towards!