Am i doing enough?

Options
Ive lost 16 pounds already! But im scared that now that im doing more of walking on the treadmill on an incline and cycling along with some weights with my arms and yoga.....well

im afraid that i wont drop weight overall...just in my lower body..cause thats what ive noticed...ive lost some inches in my tummy and have been eating less and have lost a good bit of inches in my thighs

i hear walking can melt off all the pounds and ive been working really hard.
I usually sweat alot after an hour of working out, but tonight i worked hard and didnt work out alot...and i was stepping things up a bit.....do i need to work harder? or did i not sweat alot cause i wore a tank top instead of a t shirt while working out?

Replies

• htowntek
    Options
    There is just no such thing as targeted weight loss.....We all store weight in different places.. Though guys tend to store it in the gut and women more in the hips and thighs.Every person is different and will loose it in some areas of the body faster than others..

So as long as you are doing something that burns calories , and you burn more in a day than you take in, your body will drop the fat.. Unfortunately it is up to the body to decide where that extra weight comes off at.

Now you can add strength training of some kind to help tone the areas the weight comes off of to help in those areas.

And if you are doing activity... you are burning calories regardless of sweating or not =)
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what youre doing, because it seems to be working. Try doing different cardio activities so that your body doesnt count your usual exercise as regular daily activity.

Like htowntek said, there is no such thing as targeted fat loss. When reducing body fat, you have to lose overall body fat. Blame your genes for ridding itself of lower body fat first. You could start to lose fat enough so that your legs look "normal", but you still have excess abdominal fat left. You still need to try to lose that weight doing what you had been doing previously. So once your stomach looks "normal", your lower body might look extra lean. But that's just the way your genes made you.