This shouldn't be so hard for me...

Options
I am 21 years old; married; a mother of 2. And I am about 50 pounds overweight:( I used to be so active and fit, then after both pregnancies, I have lost energy, motivation, and self-esteem. Being young, I shouldn't HAVE to worry about my weight like I am, and that sucks. I should have tons of energy but I don't. After gaining all this weight, I don't feel like the person I used to be. I just want to be able to be happy in my skin again!! I need motivation and tips! HELP! :/

Replies

• skinnybride2b
    Options
    Do you have time to join a gym? If so, I reccomend Zumba. It burns about 400 calories per 45 minutes of exercise, and it doesn't feel like exercise. It is fun! You could even order the DVDs if you can't get to the gym. Do this calorie counting thing too. It helps. Stick to your daily goals. Remember that losing weight is a process, and it takes a lot of time to do it right. I have been trying to lose weight for over a year now, and I keep messing up. Hopefully this time it will work. :) smile
  • lavondrew
    Options
    My daughter is 11 months old. I've lost 19 pounds in the past 6 weeks just by journaling what I eat on this site. When you realize the peanut butter cookie is 250 calories, and you only want to eat 1200-1500 a day, it doesn't taste quite so good. My exercise is still really minimal. At most, I do 30-min walks with baby a couple of times a week.

For me, the key was what I was eating. I started thinking of spending my calories like I'd keep a budget, and it's going well so far. :)

Good luck!
    la
  • Versha19
    Versha19 Posts: 20
    Options
    you can do this!! youve figured out theres something you dont like about yourself and you want to change!! thats your own motivation right there...keep that go getter attitude and you will achieve your goals especially since you are young and used to be active your body will bounce back quick and it will be great!!! good luck and friend me and we inspire each other to reach our goals!! :)
  • LLkupcake89
    Options
    Do you have time to join a gym? If so, I reccomend Zumba. It burns about 400 calories per 45 minutes of exercise, and it doesn't feel like exercise. It is fun! You could even order the DVDs if you can't get to the gym. Do this calorie counting thing too. It helps. Stick to your daily goals. Remember that losing weight is a process, and it takes a lot of time to do it right. I have been trying to lose weight for over a year now, and I keep messing up. Hopefully this time it will work. :) smile

I have heard of Zumba and actually the town next to me (about 10 minutes away) offers it every Tuesday night. The only thing is right now, me and the hubby have only one working car, and he has to take it to work. The class starts at 5:30 pm and he doesn't get off until 6:( I saw the DVD's on an infomercial but they were a bit pricey. I have a workout DVD I might get out tomorrow and try. I'm not so good at keeping up with calories but I might give it a try. Its just hard to eat healthy in a family who no one likes anything green but me:/
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Go to the library if you can. I am super broke too right now and the library sometimes can be a surprising place to find free workout dvds. Mine had Zumba, Bollywood, Tae-Bo and Yoga plus a bunch more.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome. This is such a wonderful site so I'm glad you found it and are able to use it. Living a healthy lifestyle takes a lot of practice, it doesn't just come over night. I had to get that in my head because I'd "mess up" and then throw in the towel for another few months and in the meantime continue putting on weight. Set small goals for yourself: like quit snacking late at night, only one soda a week, drinking 8 glasses of water a day, go for a short walk every day... just pick one or two to start and build from there. I've been trying to lose weight for 6 years but my biggest set backs have been lying to myself about how much I was eating, giving up when I "messed up" and not sticking to it continuously no matter what. I have now lost 26 pounds just by doing what I suggested, which is to make small goals and build on them. I started by cutting out bad carbs (those were my weakness), then I started walking three days a week for 30 minutes, then I started drinking 12 glasses of water a day, then I started journaling my food, then I started walking 70 minutes 3x a week, then I got into yoga and now I do all of that and yoga twice a week AND I'm going hiking on the weekends... so it just starts to snow ball and gets easier. It really does. I was 231 pounds and almost suicidal. Now I'm active, feeling stronger, more confident,nd healthier. Not to say I don't have a long way to go but it's one day at a time and today I did everything right. And you can too! I'll help you along the way. We all will :)