Replies

• theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    daily. just want to make sure im not gaining anything
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I'm a little OCD, so weighing daily makes me down for some reason. Weekly is perfect for me!
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    On the days I swim so that I weigh in on the same scale each time. So, typically Sun, Tues, Thurs. And I don't worry about a few pounds either direction. Just about the trend. If I were a worrier, I think I'd just weigh Sun.
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Daily. It gives me motivation to do right, but I do offical weigh ins weekly on Tuesdays. And body measurements monthly.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am a constant checker....At least three times a day to see the water weight and such differences. Though that might be my excuse for just weight in since it is there.

I only believe the scale at 7am for a true weight in
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    Monthly. Scales are lame.
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning after I get out of bed and before I eat anything. I'm the type of person who'd obsess over every little ounce, but once a week is just perfect for me to keep tabs on my progress.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I weighed daily for about the first 3 months. I did this so I could get an idea of what causes my weight to fluctuate, etc.

Now that I've established patterns, I weigh when I think about it. Although, my scale is malfunctioning right now, so it will probably die soon and I won't be weighing for quite awhile. I'm planning on replacing it with the Fitbit Aria scale eventually.
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    1-2x a month do a do a serious weigh in. I don't want to be discouraged by seeing constant fluctuations or if it's a few ounces up higher than it was the day before or god forbid more, (cause I'm crazy like that) so I only do my serious weigh in 1-2x a month ... on the same day.... at the same time of day..
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Everyday when I wake up. I take the week average and look at the past week and assess how to manipulate my calorie intake.
  • jkdehoff
    jkdehoff Posts: 6
    Options
    Every morning, that being said I take into consideration changes due to water weight and times of the month. I stay on top of it but don't over stress over a lb or two.
  • lorelei68
    lorelei68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have only been weighing in every 3 weeks or so because I did not have a scale at home and was using the one at the gym. But seeing as I finally broke down and purchased one I think I'm going to try weighing in every two weeks. I get too bummed if I don't see change so maybe this will give it time to show up in the numbers.

:blushing:
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Officially once a week, every Monday morning. Sometimes during the week, I do step on out of curiosity, but Monday morning is the only one I record.
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I facilitated a weight loss group about 15 years ago. The plan at the time was that we only weighed every six weeks. It was hard to stay off the scale for the first six weeks but the drop in weight was big, if people were sticking to the program, so it was very inspiring to stick with it after the initial loss.

I was trying to lose weight earlier this year and was successful with about a 10 lb. loss in the first 6 weeks. I was weighing every day though, and when I hit a plateau I got discouraged when I didn't see the scale showing a loss. I started eating more and "bad", a little at a time. I gained back almost all of the weight I'd lost in just a few weeks.

I'm kind of a compulsive person in some ways but instead of weighing every day or every six weeks I think I'll wait two weeks between weigh ins this time. The loss should be big enough to inspire me and hopefully won't be teeny tiny or none at all to discourage me.

I've decided to treat myself to some new clothes after each 15 lb. loss.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in (meaning logging here) once a week usually, but I find myself getting on the scale almost daily.
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weekly, Friday mornings when I get up before getting ready for work. Weight can fluctuate a bit day by day, so it doesn't make sense to me to check more than once a week, & it's about more than just weight so I don't care to check more often.
  • MDBKTSmith
    Options
    I weigh in every Tuesday...as soon as I get out of bed...I dont have a problem with water weight anymore since my doctor change my bp meds yay!!!!....I also take my waist and hip measurements for extra encourgement...because lost doesnt always show up on the scales....especially with me adding in strength training....
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I write it down + enter it into MFP. It makes the weight jump around a lot but after doing it for month and months and months (actually.. probably over a year) its given me a really good idea of what makes me gain weight and what my weightloss pattern is.

Lots of people don't like weighing in everyday because they are upset when the loss isn't consistent or by small gains, but if you chart it long term then it's easy to see that small gains are the normal and generally it's moving in a downward pattern

When I was maintaining, weighing in helped keep everything in check. Small gains were fine, but if they stuck around for over a week and a half then I'd either up my workouts for a bit or eat more moderately. Stopped the weight from creeping up without having to actually count calories.
  • TheExquisiteAuren
    Options
    I usually do my weigh-ins on Monday mornings, after I use the restroom but before I shower. It's the most accurate time of day, after all!

I constantly want to do weigh-ins on a daily basis, but I know it can be bad for me. I see a drop and I think, "Oh good! I can have an extra helping of (insert food here) tonight", or some nonsense like that. At the same time, if I see the same or higher than my previous weigh-in, I feel a bit bad about it and don't watch myself as closely the next day.

It's hard to find a good balance.