Am I doing this right?

Options
Is anyone willing to look at my diary and tell me what I'm doing right/wrong? I would appreciate feedback so I can keep losing weight. Thank you!

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't Public =)

Also we'll need your current height, weight, and age. Thanks!
  • kelseyn8593
    kelseyn8593 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It should be public now.
    I am 5'6", 169 pounds, and 21 years old.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies! Eat them! They're yummy and they do all sorts of good things for your body and health.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies! Eat them! They're yummy and they do all sorts of good things for your body and health.

^^ THIS!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There is so much processed stuff in yoru diet. You need to lay off of them and add more fruits and veggies as others have said.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    More Cheetos, Lays and Doritos. I want to see them with every meal. You can do it. You're almost there!
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not to be repetitive, but too much processed, premade stuff - packed with sodium. Fruits, veggies, proteins keep you fuller longer - also eat MORE! 1200 is too little of calories, especially if you are upping your activity and exercising. You need to fuel your body.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a single thing that didn't come out of a box in your diary. Where's the fruits & veggies? Learn to cook and make something - you'll get a lot more food for the calories and it will taste 100% better than frozen boxed diet meals.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    fruit and veggies! there alot yummier than you think ;)
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree that eating cleaner would be better than some of your choices, but it shouldn't actually affect fat loss. A lot of the foods you are eating are higher in sodium and that can cause some water retention.

I went back to June, you were under your calories a lot, I'd recommend being really careful about that and try your best to make sure you eat your calorie goal + exercise calories. Seems like you're doing that now but... yeah.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Too much processed junk, granola bars, chips etc
    Try this
    Breakfast : eggs or oatmeal (not instant) with fruit
    Lunch: salad with protein
    Dinner: protein and veggies
    Snack: yogurt or cottage cheese, maybe one granola bar if you have to, nuts, fruit
    No Cheetos or frozen meals for a bit. These are ok in a pinch occasionally, but not at every meal. Try protein bar or shake instead of the empty calorie granola bar. Look for high protein, low sugar.