Newish and Worried

Options
Well, I downloaded the app not long ago due to having a cyst, but never thought I could do something like this. I'm not positive where to get started. As much as I have support at home, there is also a lot of temptations.

Replies

• Kash4Life
    Kash4Life Posts: 48
    Options
    Welcome to MFP , I have found that logging my food intake has really helped me keep on track . Stay positive and take it one day at a time. Good luck on your weight loss journey . Feel free to add me :-)
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out, all you have to do is log. Worry about all that other stuff later. If you're serious about fitness, you will gravitate towards exercise, but for now, log EVERYTHING.
    This will give you a picture of what goes in your body on a daily basis. Looking back and remembering days where I'd eat 6-10 thousand calories without thinking about it makes me understand now why I was overweight.
    Make changes using the info that your habits now show you.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Start by recording what you eat. Measure everything and log everything. Once you start seeing hard numbers, it gets easier to stay near your goal. Don't worry about the rest of the details yet (macros, "clean" eating, etc.) as those are more for fine tuning losses. Just log what you eat and stick with it.

You're going to screw up and go over your calories at some point. That's okay. We all do it, even those of us who have lost significant weight. Don't let it derail you; just do better tomorrow. Remember, if you have any questions, we're always here to help.
  • bikinireadyforlife
    Options
    Always start small. Set small goals for yourself each week. Small goals make a big difference. Get in the habit of logging in your food; the good, the bad, and the not so bad. Keep little notes on why you ate x, y, and z because you will learn why you are eating, because you are hungry or because you are bored. Good luck. You found a great place with lots of support.