Hello, new here and need friends for support ;)

Options
Hi! I just joined today after reading a success story in Shape by using MFP. I decided to check it out for myself. I am in desperate need to get my health back on track. I'm tired of feeling and looking bad. I never want to do anything because of it and I have a young daughter who needs me to be healthy. For the last 2 years, I've had female problems that resulted in me being on Megace, which causes massive weight gain. It's mostly used in cancer and anorexia patients TO gain weight! Add that to 20 years (on and off) of being on antidepressants! Horrible. I am currently off all medications for 4 months now, however not a pound has come off. In fact, it keeps creepy on up. This has to stop. I want my life back ;(

Rose Red

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome aboard!! This is a great site...VERY SUPPORTIVE....good luck with your journey....sending a FR to you:smooched:
  • JustAPenNameForMe
    Options
    Hello, I joined today. I am looking for a way to keep track of my exercise and food goals. I *thought* I did well today until I entered my intake and I am 250 over my goal. ARGH I cannot even imagine what it would be on a bad day!
    Anyway, I would like some friends for support and encouragement; I want to lose about 25lbs.
  • rosered44
    rosered44 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! That's good to hear! I need all the support i can get! Thanks!
  • rosered44
    rosered44 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey there! I just started today and went 526 cal over!!! What! I thought I was doing good too! Sigh ..... I wish to lose 56lb.
  • crystalmoon_60
    Options
    Good job for making the choice to get healthy. That is what this site is all about. It is only your first day, so don't beat yourself up. Everyday is a new day to start over. You just have to try a little harder and day by day it will work. It takes 3 weeks to create a new habit. So just keep working at it and don't stress over it. Just do your best.

Lots of great people here with lots of experience and advise. So enjoy we all here to support each other to accomplish a goal.

Good Luck on your journey.
  • crystalmoon_60
    Options
    Hi welcome to a great web site!!!.

Your meds might still be in your system and preventing the weight from falling off. Just continue to eat right and exercise. And it will come off with persistence.

Good luck we are all here to support each other. :)
  • Jemjob
    Jemjob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Its a great site!! you will love it!! you get all the support you need and more :):)

ALL THE BEST!!!
  • kellzi89
    kellzi89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you go over your limit go for a run and work back some of those calories!!
  • snoopy072797
    Options
    Hi, I'm brand new as well. I did sign up last month, but never used the account. I need a lifestyle change. I'm slowly adapting to a minimalist lifestyle (getting rid of the clutter). At the same time, I decided, it's time to get rid of the fat and health problems. I am reclaiming my life too. If you need some emotional support, I can be there for you as much as possible, especially if you are looking for motivation. It always helps if you can have friends.

I'm not really looking to document my progress on FB or Twitter, but would like to have something that is separate. Let me know if you want to be fitness/health buddies (this goes for anyone out there). I work weird hours, weird shifts, and have a very non-traditional lifestyle which proves to be very challenging. Born with just one kidney, so I have to be extra careful. I also suffer from sciatica, and bad knees, from an injury.

I know how to eat and cook healthfully, but I blame my lack of desire to cook and my weird schedule for the late night cravings and giving in to junk food (as comfort and convenience.).

I plan on strength training, with some cardio in the mix. I have a gym at my apartment complex, but hate working out there and prefer to do everything in my house or go walking. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and best wishes :)
  • kirstydevine
    Options
    I joined in 2011 but didnt do anything then. Just restarted my journey yesterday too. Need to loose 42-56lbs. Fed up having sore kneees and being tired all the time.

Add to that the clthes I've got in the wardrobe and drawers. When I've got to target I won't need to buy anything for yearsto come.

I'm in UK, so need a kick up the rear from across the Atlantic!
  • lalinda07
    lalinda07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi i just had a baby boy i need to lose 35 to 40 pounds so if anyone wants to join me just add me
    I'm existed to start before i became pregnant i was using this app
    And it helped me a lot i was almost was at my goal until i found out
    I was pregnant and my craving started i gained it all back and some
    Lol ladys u know what i am talking about. But now i am motivated
    agin my husband is challenging me and i am ready