What is a good healthy night ime snack?

Options
I am new to trying to lose weight and sometimes I get hungry before going to bed, what should I eat? yogurt? fresh fruit? milk? other options?

Replies

• LynneAmelia
    Options
    I find any dairy makes me feel ill at night.. I would love to know what the healthy options are.. I seem to want to snack in the evening... that wont cause me to bloat in the morning
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese or some almonds start off slow see what works for you don't jump right into eating a baconator for a late night snack
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Actually doens't matter as long as it fits your calories. Just go for what you like.
    What do you consider "healthy"?
  • JustAPenNameForMe
    Options
    Thank you very much!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. You should shift your eating around early in the day so that you can eat later, if you often get hungry at night. What's important is that you're eating the amounts you need to eat over all from day to day. If you see or hear ANYONE telling you that you shouldn't eat at a certain time of day/night, you know right off the bat they are not a person that is a student of the knowledge or minimum research. Learning that you can eat at any time of day is actually crazily powerful as it breeds satiation. It's 3 am and I just polished off a bacon egg and cheese wrap. Now off to bed.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. You should shift your eating around early in the day so that you can eat later, if you often get hungry at night. If you see or hear ANYONE telling you that you shouldn't eat at a certain time of day/night, you know right off the bat they are not a person that is a student of the knowledge or minimum research. Learning that you can eat at any time of day is actually crazily powerful as it breeds satiation. It's 3 am and I just polished off a bacon egg and cheese wrap. Now off to bed.

Thumbs up!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of jerky as a late night snack, it makes me feel full and keeps the hunger cravings down in the morning compared to eating say almonds/cottage cheese/yogurt/ham sandwich. Just keep whatever you choose in your calorie limits and it's all good.