Looking for supportive MFP friends

Options
Good evening,

I am looking for friends on MFP to help me reach my goal.

A little about myself I'm 6'0" 475 lbs trying to get down to 250 lbs. I am looking for friends who are willing to provide support and keep me accountable to tracking with MFP.

I have been through the weight loss rollercoaster I have went through low carb which helped me to lose 150 lbs which I have gained back. I have also tried weight watchers which had helped me to lose 60 or 70 lbs which I have gained back. This time I am in it for the long haul changing my outlook and looking to make a change to a better lifestyle and not a diet.

Also my wife and I recently had a child and I am looking to lose the weight so I can be a better example for my child and be more capable of getting out and playing with her.

Replies

• ThaithaiChocolate
    ThaithaiChocolate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for supportive friends any one can add whom is motivational I am adding u right now :)
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is one step closer to your goal. Surround yourself with supportive people. Good luck! If you want to add me go ahead.
  • Lonestar_76
    Lonestar_76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds I'm am glad to have your support.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Feel free to add lost 50 and am on the final 12-15. Good luck.
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see you understand about diet vs change of lifestyle. I've also done the low carb diet. It worked, but gave me the worst case of acid reflux that took me months to get under control. I couldn't live that way long term. For me, the key has been to exercise daily to keep myself under my calorie limit. So far so good...

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Joshyusernametaken
    Joshyusernametaken Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck mate! Feel free to add me, More than happy to check over your diary every now and then if you like
  • Burtowski
    Burtowski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heya! I'm trying to get off that roller coaster too. I lost 30, gained back 20. I joined MFP a while ago, but hadn't been using it. I need to get serious and get this off! I need some friendly support as well. Add me if you'd like, maybe we can encourage one another!
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend. I have a little girl as well who has a first birthday coming up in a month! So glad you decide to start this journey and I look forward to chatting with you :)
  • annabella2151
    annabella2151 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some motivational support. I want to change my habits not so much to lose a lot of weight but because I feel terrible mentally when I eat really badly. I'm new to this website and appreciate any new friends! I'm adding you now if you don't mind!
  • bareblade
    bareblade Posts: 4
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have also done the low carb, the high carb, the high protein, the low protein, the vegetarian, no fat, low fat, high fat, good fat...... uhhggg.... you get the idea.
    Ya know what I learned???
    I eat to d*** much !!!
    Very simple, smaller portions more frequently. I am borderline diabetic and Taco Bell and I were on a first name basis.
    I have over 100# to lose and I would love to have some company on the long journey. My Wife is my motivation.
    You can do this, don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't... especially yourself.
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    more then willing to be supportive and help you out .. feel free to add me .. and that goes the same for anyone else ^_^
  • yummymummy2b2013
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am also looking for support :)
    I have a wee 7 month old little girl and am wanting to get in to shape before she starts walking lol.

I am 27 yr old female from New Zealand.
    I have been doing the jillian michaels 30 day shred dvd for 2 days now :)
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I <3 motivating people! Seeing you guys stay under your calorie goals and burn calories makes me want to eat less and exercise more. My friend calls it MFPG (My Fitness Pal Guilt). Feel free to add me!
  • Lonestar_76
    Lonestar_76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support I am glad to have found a place that will allow for individuals to connect and get the support to make this journey successful.
  • chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add Me Im on everyday!
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile:

I'm exactly in the same boat whereby my old MFP friends never used to say anything! Hey there!

I am looking to accept friendships from anyone who will keep me motivated as well (e.g. not be a lurker and never post on mine)

If you or anybody on here is up for some team work and daily support and positive encouragement then please feel free to add me and let's get this weight loss journey rolling laugh drinker

Hugs! Kate bigsmile
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me ! Always looking for done more kick butt friends
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

Welcome to MPF,

Ive been on here around 60ish days and have lost 29LBS... im really pleased and my MPF Friends have helped me some HARD times and been there to congratulate me on my good days!

Your more than welcome to add me :-)

Good luck on your journey and if you ever feel like quitting or giving up, just take 5 mins to remember why u started and all the positives about carrying on. Just because you have one or two bad days it does not mean youve failed.

xXx
  • joolsmitchell
    joolsmitchell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :-)
  • jones092508
    jones092508 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I recently gave birth to my second child, a little boy, on June 13th. I had gal bladder surgery June 14th & turned 23 June 18th... yes a VERY busy month. I've finally been okayed to start exercising, and as of July 8th, I've started this journey. I know, as much as I would like it to, it's def. not going to be a big change over night but I'm going to do my hardest. I would love to make some friends along my journey, be your support and have you be there to support me... regardless I want to send out a huge GOOD LUCK to everyone, as I know this can be difficult! & any tips anyone would like to share are greatly appreciated. =)