Finding it harder as been always healthy.....

Options
Hopefully someone out there will get what I mean.

I started SWorld 4 years ago and lost a lot of weight (5stone) and got into the way of healthy eating and cooking from scratch.

Last year I was studying outside of my job so that year I steadily maintained and didn't keep up with walking that helped me lose the weight previously as didn't have time and focus was on study to further my career.

When I started the gym 7 months ago the day after my last assignment handed in, rather than like my bf who has lost amazing weight, I have virtually not shifted. He joined and changed his diet drastically so that helped whereas I am someone who always eats a lot of healthy food and always drank 2-3 litres of water a day.

I am now taking out carbs as in fairness did eat a lot of them on SW but I am finding this an uphill battle as I have been healthy for several years compared to others at gym who start and the weight falls off as they went from a bad diet to a healthy one the minute they started.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there who always been healthy but still a bit of weight to lose finding it hard. Im keeping a strict eye on calories (having 1400 a day as 1200 just was not doable for me) and Im at gym 6 times a week doing a variety of cardio, weights etc and last month doing a PT at gym.

Replies

• EmilyWillBeSlim
    EmilyWillBeSlim Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I know what you mean.
    Ive been on SW for over a year and have maintained now for 7 months. But Im desperate to lose another 7-10 pounds. My hubby eats what I do and loses 4 or 5 pounds in a week while I stay the same. Granted he has more to lose than me but its so not fair!!
    So I have a couple of things im trying to do:
    Do you measure and weigh your food?
    Up your water, at the moment im drinking 6-8litres a day
    Also watch your portion size
    Im trying to eat when im hungry. it sounds silly, but I find that I bring fruit to work and automatically start eating it at 11 and not thinking about if im hungry first
    Also have you measured yourself, you maybe loosing inches and getting smaller just not weighing less
    Try red days instead of extra easy, I lost some weight mixing it up a bit

Good luck
    x
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do weight and measure.

I have went from 2 litres a day to probs 3-4 due to exercising a lot and have a litre at gym and probs another litre when home due to thirst.

I get what you mean - sworld was at times a chore oh i best eat my apple at 10 and my yogurt at 2pm so now I only eat if and when hungry but its still way less than when on SWorld.

I used to lose inches but it now varies due to water and PT at gym wants to focus on weight. He hates when I say I could lose 5lbs in a week if i did SW like i used to. I just can't find a happy medium. Everyone has something that works for them. But while im tryign to figure it out im just never changing.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I'm no expert , but I do understand your problem because I live it too! I woke up one day and said to myself "i'm not going to live this way anymore" and I changed...EVERYTHING at once and didn't look back. I lost a whole bunch of weight at first and then nothing.

Come to find out I in fact changed so much at once that I didnt give my body enough fuel to work off of and it revolted on me. My hormones got messed up, I quit having periods and couldn't lose weight no matter what I did. I have been seeing a Dr. and for many months have been working on fixing the damage I did without realizing it. I used to eat around 1300 cal and now eat an average of 2500 to LOSE.

It took a long time, but I think sometimes we have to move backwards a little in order to go forward. I put a few "naughty" treats back in my week and took some time to just live and eat within moderation (around TDEE) and then although difficult - gave those things back up again. Our bodies are amazingly adaptable and they get used to our day in and day out. Even though you may be doing a great deal of things "by the book" in order to lose weight, your body is used to your game plan and has adjusted as such. Sometimes it's not as simple as calories in vs. calories out no matter what people say. You have to find your formula and for me it meant taking a break and then getting back to work and being VERY consistant.

As a matter of fact, in my last 6 week cut I lost NO scale weight. I gained 3 lbs BUT I lost 3% body fat and 10 total inches. Just keep trying. When the going gets tough - get tougher! I hope you find your success :)
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I tried gym and sworld a while back but it did nothing. I decided to commit to gym as I wanted to tone and get fitter despite my 5 stone loss. Im now up and down and with 2 more stone to go Im never going to get to my lightest weight ever at this rate.

I fully appreciate everyone is different. Just at times its been a 5 year journey to see what works for me.

I recommend gym and sworld to anyone. Sworld isnt a diet but way of eating. I learnt I just couldn't eat all that carbs while being a gym bunny. I now cut them out and its like oh no you need to do more that that all over again.

Just almost wish I started the gym at heaviest for people to see how far I came there rather than be miss up and down.