Bullied at the gym...what to do?

Options
There is someone that I used to know coming to the gym. Long story but she is a nut job who is spreading rumors about me at the gym. I have been going there for 5 years and had one blow up with her awhile back. She had left and is now back and doing the same thing. I cannot cause a scene at the gym after all this time, my self respect is more important. It really doesn't matter to me what is said it just interfers with my workouts. What would you do...seriously???

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Be as nice as you can to her and dont stoop to her level. Believe me the other gym members will get to know the real her soon enough.
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    put your ear buds in.. turn your music up, work out and ignore the *****..
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would talk to management. If you have been going there for five years they should know you and know that you are not a trouble maker. And do your best to just ignore the other person. They are really not worth getting mad over.
  • 808haoleboy
    808haoleboy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Headphones. Work out hard. Ignore people. Move on.
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'd pay her no attention and blatantly ignore her, just pretend like you never even noticed her. Nothing gets to someone more than being ignored, when they want to be noticed. If that makes any sense lol. Just keep doing what your doing, that's all that matters! :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    How does it interfere with your workouts? (I'm just wondering). Are people coming up to you and saying "Hey. So and so said XYZ about you!" or are you just watching her run around talking to people and wondering if she's talking about you?

Honestly just ignore it. If people come up to you and start asking questions just say "Look. I am here to work out and you are keeping me from doing that." In all honesty the less you react to it the less likely she's going to want to spread any more rumors about you. She's just looking to get a reaction and when you blow up at her and let it effect your life you're doing exactly what she wants you to do.