Can someone pls look at my diary over the last two days...

Options
And suggest ways to get the calories in without spoiling the macros? I'm playing about with my intake and can't seem to get carbs/cals right without going drastically under or over on the other areas.

The devil in me is saying "use it up with beer" but I am ignoring it... :)

I have set my macros specifically like that according to lots of different factors.

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    You still need to set it to public. =)
  • esme1983
    esme1983 Posts: 60
    Options
    Eeek, sorry! done :)
  • esme1983
    Options
    Did a bit better today (so I guess the last three days please..?) But it's still low on calories.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a really good day for your macros and fiber. You don't need quite so much protein to maintain lean mass, but that amount isn't going to hurt you at all. Your fiber is excellent. Do you track your micronutrients? You might be a little short on Vitamin A and iron, and I am not sure whether you met your calcium. Aim for at least 80% of your calcium micro. You probably don't need the full 100% based on recent data (which I don't have handy, sorry).

Cantaloupe is an excellent source of Vit. A and C. Clams and oysters will give you a huge iron boost (or an alfalfa-based supplement). If you like those and can work them into your diet, you'll hit these micros pretty easily.

All in all, if everyday looks like yesterday from here on out, you're doing fantastic.

ETA: oops. That's today, not yesterday.

ETA, ETA: Try not to worry about the pie balance for your macros. The more important number is the grams. Aim for 1-1.5 g/lb LBM for protein, half that for fat, and the rest can be carbs. The pie isn't really a biggie if you meet the gram goal. And yes, you can consume it in beer if you have the calories for it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    That's a boatload of protein... just sayin'

You do a really good job of hitting your macros, but the protein thing could save you money and calories for other things. My diary is open too if you want to check it out.
  • esme1983
    Options
    Thanks guys - I think you're right, I may need more fruit. I do take calcium and vitamin C.

It's more about how I can hit the right calories without going over my macros. If I don't want to lose anymore weight I think I might need to not be in deficit...