Insanity

Options
How do you log your insanity in exercise ? HELP ME :D

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you have a heart rate monitor, you can create your own exercise based on your calories burned (feel free to PM me, and I can walk you through the process). If not, most people log it as circuit training, since Insanity is a particularly intense form of circuit training.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i log it in cardio but i use a monitor , so add my own exercise with cals burned .
  • JeannieLikkes
    JeannieLikkes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I don't have hrm but will log it as you said! Now I can finally start! Thanks
  • Mismis28
    Mismis28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really recommend a HRM, I was estimating I burned around 600 cal before, this year I read about it and estimated 400, my HRM shows me the disappointing truth of 353 cals.. Hoping to turn that up once I get more muscle though! :)
  • bethsanders86
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor. I highly recommend getting one. I burn anywhere from 7-850 calories in a 50 minute workout. Love me some Insanity! :-)
  • smittenkitten829
    smittenkitten829 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing my first week of insanity. I was totally over estimating how many calories burned due to the amount I was out of breath, sweating and sore the next day. I bought a polar (T7) i think is the model, I did the quick 20 min fast and furious dvd last night to try it out and was disappointed to see that I had only burned 215 calories...meanwhile my family is looking at me like I am crazy because of all the grunting and sweating I am doing. It was an eye opener because I was frustrated that I had only lost 1lb since the start, but made sense because I was over estimating my calories burned. I am going to wear it to the gym tonight to go on the treadmill or eliptical to see how close those reading are to what I am actually burning.
  • fifiisme
    fifiisme Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm logging with circuit training as well. Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap HRM?