What do you eat on high intensity workout days?

Options
Hi,

I was just wondering what people ate on days when they're doing high intensity workouts? I'm doing my first Barry's Bootcamp tonight which is a high intensity circuit training type workout, and I'm just wondering what kind of things would be best to eat before and after etc!

thanks!

Replies

• Jdiaz72
    Jdiaz72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    pure protein like eggs, tuna very helpoful for recovery and keeping you full. And lots of water.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    pure protein like eggs, tuna very helpoful for recovery and keeping you full. And lots of water.

Thanks! Yeah I've been drinking loads of water today, which I do anyways, and I'll obviously drink loads after it too.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Log your exercise and try to at least NET your BMR.

Chocolate milk is a great recovery drink - good ratios of carbs, fat and protein. Bananas are also great for energy and potassium.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Chocolate milk is a great recovery drink - good ratios of carbs, fat and protein. Bananas are also great for energy and potassium.

Yeah that's my aim, to NET BMR at least. I have a banana which I was planning to eat after the workout, but am I better eating this before??
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

Yeah that's my aim, to NET BMR at least. I have a banana which I was planning to eat after the workout, but am I better eating this before??

If it's been a while since you ate anything and you think you could do with a boost then a banana is fine to eat pre-workout. Some people prefer to workout on an empty stomach and then eat shortly after, it's mostly personal preference.