When does exercise start feeling good ???

Options
Im into week 2 of my new fitness regime. This week im going to the gym everyday, just wondering when do you start seeing or feeling different??

Replies

• Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It is different with everyone...however I bet in the next week or so you start to see a difference in how your clothes are fitting and what your energy levels are! Keep up the good work!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    In the beginning for me it was one of those things where it was painful cause my muscles were sore i was out of shape and yet I was loving the fact that i got stronger daily. make sure u switch it up and dont push to hard you will feel better and notice the change. even in something simple like getting up stairs better
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    It's different for different people, you just have to stick with it.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    For me, I've found that exercise feels best when I'm through doing it.

I do like the results, however. Results are a great motivator.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Never :wink:

I run about four times a week and it's always hard. I push myself every time, as feel otherwise 'what's the point?' But it's no longer sore, unless I do significantly more, and feel proud of myself that I did 9 miles before work this morning. And feel less guilty over my 4000kcal excess of the weekend. So I feel good that I CAN do it, though the actual doing is hard. But the more you do, the easier it gets, but I think the really important thing to remember is - the first 15-20 minutes is always hard. Each time, and I do half marathons, I think 'what on earth is this?! How will I cope!?' but I do.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Congrats on your new fitness regime! As someone said, switch it up every day. I heard that you should work a different group of muscles every day, so one day work on your lower half, and another on your top half. Also switch between cardio and resistance. Also you should give yourself at least one rest day a week.
    You will start to feel better!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Never :wink:

I run about four times a week and it's always hard. I push myself every time, as feel otherwise 'what's the point?' But it's no longer sore, unless I do significantly more, and feel proud of myself that I did 9 miles before work this morning. And feel less guilty over my 4000kcal excess of the weekend. So I feel good that I CAN do it, though the actual doing is hard. But the more you do, the easier it gets, but I think the really important thing to remember is - the first 15-20 minutes is always hard. Each time, and I do half marathons, I think 'what on earth is this?! How will I cope!?' but I do.

Yes I agree, the first quarter of an hour or so is difficult, I guess it is because we are warming up. I often find the first ten minutes really difficult until I get into my stride and then everything sort of "loosens up".
  • sjd200
    sjd200 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks everyone that has really helped xxx
  • sjd200
    sjd200 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks everyone that has really helped xxx
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It feels good when the results start showing, you start getting remarks, and you find a routine you like.

L
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I depends on the type of exercise you do. For me, I started to feel stronger after a few days of consisten working out. Plus seeing the results on the scale helps TONS. You also need to find something that you enjoy doing. I HATED to work out. I hated it so much, I just stopped. Then I found Turbo Jam, and I love it. It's tough, and I sweat buckets, but I FEEL strong, and I'm losing weight.
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I depends on the type of exercise you do. For me, I started to feel stronger after a few days of consisten working out. Plus seeing the results on the scale helps TONS. You also need to find something that you enjoy doing. I HATED to work out. I hated it so much, I just stopped. Then I found Turbo Jam, and I love it. It's tough, and I sweat buckets, but I FEEL strong, and I'm losing weight.

I agree! Find something you love and it no longer feels like a chore.