Aching...

Options
Okay, so I started Insanity two days ago, and my body is in so much pain, it's almost unbearable. I don't want to stop for a couple days so is there any way to sooth my aching muscles?

Thanks in advance!
- WatchMeLOSEx :heart:

Replies

• lizvia
    lizvia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try taking some extra calcium for muscle pain- it works! TUMS work great
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a good warm up and a good amount of stretching after?
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for awhile too. If you can work through the pain it gets better in a few days.
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How about soaking in a hot tub or going for a swim in a pool if you have one or live near a community pool etc. Slow stretches help smooth out sore muscles as well.
  • crazypt
    crazypt Posts: 3
    Options
    Watch,

I am also doing Insanity and I am on the 2nd month. I honestly feel your pain about hurting lol. The best thing to do is take it slow the first week to get used to the exercises and during the 2nd week is when you wanna bring it. What I do, is normally take a protein shake and a bananna due to the Potassium which has helped me in muscle recovery. Wait until you get into the 2nd month, that is where stretching REALLY is important. Just hang in there and push through the pain!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    There's good pain and bad pain, sometimes pushing through it isn't the answer. This article might help you gauge where you're at pain wise:

http://www.hopkinsortho.org/pain.html
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen can help with the muscle soreness, as can ligth exercise (walking and light stretching). The soreness only lasts for a few days before your body adjusts. As long as this is soreness and not true pain, just push through and you'll be fine.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    soak your feet with some lavender Epsom salt
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've stretched and iced. I think I'll be fine to push through and finish the next 58 days!

Any more tips are welcome, haha.

Best Wishes
    -WatchMeLOSEx :heart: