Running Belt / Armband Recommendations for Samsung S4

Options
I've tried searching the forums but didn't find anything specific.

I'm wondering whether there is anyone that can recommend any running belts or armbands that will fit the Samsung S4?

Currently, I'm running with the phone in my hand (as i use it with runkeeper) and I'm worried about dropping it.

Does anyone have an S4 and use a running belt or armband to hold it instead of keeping it in your hands?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Laura

Replies

• fstfrd00
    fstfrd00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    there are a ton on ebay (their quality will probably be lacking) or you could do the DIY route of using an old tube sock to make an armband
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone in my hand too...I did cut out the bottom of a short sock and put it in that so it has some kind of a covering over it. I have the Nexus 4 and there is not much out there for accessories for mine. It works for now...
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I carry mine in my boobs when I have to, just cover it with a plastic baggie or something that helps to reduce condensation. Otherwise I have been unsuccessful in finding an alternative that works for me personally.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Spibelt. I got mine at D.i.c.k.s Sporting Goods and I love it.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Amazon, look up running sleeve for Samsung S4, I got one for £5.00, have been buying them from the phone shops and paying twice/three times that and all past one have not been as 'tough'.
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S3, and it doesn't properly fit the armband I used to have for my iPod Touch. I was looking at getting this one from the Running Room: http://ca.shop.runningroom.com/accessories/armbands-waist-pouches/ironman-universal-armband-20010.html

Not sure that it does fit the Galaxy though.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    check out monoprice. I just ordered two bands that fit the S3 for 20 bucks or so shipped. I've used a belt before, but like having it on my arm.
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid X2, pretty big phone (at least bigger than the iphone and hadn't been able to find an armband)... I use a hippie runner belt that I bought at a race expo...they look really small but both pockets expand. Minimal bounce, I really like mine.

Here is their site: http://www.hippierunner.com/index.php/hippie-runner

Good luck! :smile:
  • laura_fat2fit
    laura_fat2fit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help!

I will check them all out!

:)