New Rules of Lifting Progress! (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• delaniecastillo
    Options
    Awesome job! Do you know how much body fat you lost and LBM that you gained? I am on this program a bit modified with my trainer and so far so good.
  • helenpatton7
    Options
    absolutely fantastic and well done. Could I ask please what weights you are using? also how many times a week do you lift/train? Congratulations on all your hard work it is really paying off :flowerforyou:
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    WOW! Just wow--clearly you've done a lot of hard work, you look great :)
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great work, I can't believe how quickly you are seeing results!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    These are my progress pics from the start of New Rules of Lifting for Women- the first is before, second is end of Phase 2 and 3rd is end of Phase 3. I have been following the book since February and am now halfway through Phase 4. I hope to finish by October's end and be 8 sizes down. I started at size 22/24 (no pics at that size) and am now a 16/18.

bb9cf2bb-86c6-4f7d-b768-429639a250f2_zpsaac41b39.jpg

4cc8cf83-881c-4649-a7f2-5676c530a4a0_zps80fdeee9.jpg

fbe4bcd4-9e85-465c-bffd-36066b98bdaf_zps2bcaedf7.jpg

Inspiring and awesome progress!! You lost clothes size and obviously inches, can I ask, did you lose weight? I have actually gained weight (8 pounds) but don't seem to have changed clothes sizes and am wondering if I need to make some changes. I am consistently going up in my weights for my lifts and don't seem to suffer there so am wondering if I need to tweek my calories or add some more cardio or something. Congratulations!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Wow!! Great job!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I see the difference!

Great progress.

Keep at it. :flowerforyou:
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    This is FANTASTIC! I love seeing NROL4W results like this! Can I ask how what you've been doing diet-wise? Did you follow the calorie recommendations in the book?

Great work! So inspiring!!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great job! Is that the first 2 of a 6 pack I see forming?

yep!! I see it too!!

CONGRATS!! great progress
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This is FANTASTIC! I love seeing NROL4W results like this! Can I ask how what you've been doing diet-wise? Did you follow the calorie recommendations in the book?

Thank you!
    I have been all over the place on diet. I have not followed the book religiously but have upped my protein considerably. I am a 30-year vegetarian, so that involves eggs, whey shakes, cheese, soy protein. On my "good" days, I eat lots of the above and vegetables, almonds, hummus and nut thins. I don't worry about fat intake at all. My TDEE minus 20% is about 1700, so i am now trying to reach that and concentrate on healthy foods, high protein and water. My downfalls are Mexican food and red wine.

@llangstrat- I have lost 33 pounds total, but 13 were before I started. So 20 pounds. It comes off in 5 pound increments and then stays steady for a while. I'm trying to let go of the scale and just use clothing and the mirror to judge my success. Watching the scale is freaking maddening when you lift (muscle holds water, muscle weighs more, etc.).
  • edennew
    Options
    llangstraat- I also walk 3 to 4 times a week. Fast walking for about 30 minutes. I feel like it helps my muscles and loosens me up while providing quiet me time and a small burn.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great pics! You are getting some wonderful curves. Your waist is going to be tiny!
  • edennew
    Options
    absolutely fantastic and well done. Could I ask please what weights you are using? also how many times a week do you lift/train? Congratulations on all your hard work it is really paying off :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I use the free weights at my gym. Most exercises with the bar I am doing 95-135. Most dumbbell exercises I do 20-30 in each hand. It varies. I have been kind of inconsistent, but I try for 3 times a week.
  • edennew
    Options
    Awesome job! Do you know how much body fat you lost and LBM that you gained? I am on this program a bit modified with my trainer and so far so good.

I don't know that yet, but I started the program with a trainer and will have him re-caliper me when I am done. Good luck to you!
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    You've smoothed out a lot so I am willing to bet that inch-wise and LBM are you main hitters than weight. Honestly, I want to drop weight but as long as I look good and get smaller, the scale doesn't have to move to me.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So very inspiring!!!

Way to go chica!!!:drinker: :happy:
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Thank you!
    I have been all over the place on diet. I have not followed the book religiously but have upped my protein considerably. I am a 30-year vegetarian, so that involves eggs, whey shakes, cheese, soy protein. On my "good" days, I eat lots of the above and vegetables, almonds, hummus and nut thins. I don't worry about fat intake at all. My TDEE minus 20% is about 1700, so i am now trying to reach that and concentrate on healthy foods, high protein and water. My downfalls are Mexican food and red wine.

@llangstrat- I have lost 33 pounds total, but 13 were before I started. So 20 pounds. It comes off in 5 pound increments and then stays steady for a while. I'm trying to let go of the scale and just use clothing and the mirror to judge my success. Watching the scale is freaking maddening when you lift (muscle holds water, muscle weighs more, etc.).

Thanks for the reply! Thats awesome! I was walking and doing a little bit of running too until my plantar fascittis flared up really badly and weights was the only thing that didn't aggravate it. so I was trying just the lifting and diet alone and even though my fiance says he sees a difference, I do not and my measurements have stayed the same. So maybe I will incorporate some time on the bike or something at the gym to help with that as I think I need a bit more cardio to really help with the weight loss. Thanks again for the reply and I have sent you a friend request, so hope that's ok! :)
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Please keep us updated on your journey and progress. I plan on starting this next month but just researching for right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!