Looking for motivational and supportive friends!

Options
After many (many!) failed attempts at this over the last couple of years, I have finally decided that I AM going to dedicate myself to this and that I WILL succeed at this!

I am a 34 year old, 5'4" female whose waistline has gotten out of control and whose metabolism is fighting me every step of the way. I love dinner parties, pool parties, happy hours after long days, champagne, vodka and good grub. Having said that, I am realizing that I might be a having a little too much fun and not getting the results that I've been looking for (therefore giving up), so I have also decided to cut out alcohol for a while.

I have also signed up for my first 5K on August 31st. I lost one of my best buds, my grandma, to Alzheimer's this past March and shortly before she passed I made a promise to fight for her when she no longer could... and that I would RUN this race for HER! Note: I am not in any way, shape or form a "runner". ;)

Lastly, I want to be a "hot wife"! I have been lucky enough to meet someone who loves me unconditionally and supports me no matter what... I want to look just as HOT as he does!

I am in huge need of support on many levels. I need some motivation, tips on cutting out the hooch (and losing the pooch ;), advice on how to get started on running, and just some great new friends in general to go through this journey with!

Look forward to meeting some of you!

Replies

• Ivonnegarza1980
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for your 5K I did my first one a couple of months ago it was a color run so it was more for fun than anything. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! :) 33/f 5'4 also fighting metabolism and love of food/booze.

Good luck with the running- I started a few years ago and haven't looked back. I went from struggling through 5Ks to running half marathons- you can do it!
  • isaacsemrad
    isaacsemrad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The community here is so helpful and motivating! If I ever need to stop eating at night, I just post that I'm not eating anymore tonight, so that I'm a liar if I eat!!! Feel free to add me! Nothing is impossible once you set your mind to it with enthusiasm and persistence!
  • miconway45
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for your first 5k! I've only done one, but it was a blast. Hoping to do more in the future once I drop the pounds!

I've also just re-committed to losing the weight and being a happier and healthier person. Feel free to add if you'd like =)
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am always looking to give and receive support from others!!! I would love to support you on everything. I would love to have more running buddies I ran my first 5k over memorial day weekend of 2012, and my first half marathon this past memorial day weekend and now I am training for my second half!! I am always willing to more support, so anyone can feel free to add me!!
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am looking for support and to give it. This journey is so much easier with people that are cheering you on. Congrats on signing up for the 5K!
  • JustJessLynn
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am also working towards becoming a better runner. I am also a fan of food, pool parties and alcohol lol, so I feel the pain on that level.

I'm 25 and need to lose about 40 more pounds so we can support each other along the way :bigsmile:
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open and I'm always on here!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is definitely a great place for support! Feel free to add me if ya like. I'm 31, 5'5 and have 16 lbs to lose to hit my target of 140 but I'm not really sure yet what my ultimate goal is! Good luck with the journey :)
  • mathstudent
    Options
    I ran a half marathon last year, in 2:04, despite not being a runner either. I did a lot or training, but i would say my advice with running is:

1) Get some good shoes
    2) Ensure you are reasonably flexible before doing a longer run (like a half or full marathon) as this reduces muscle soreness afterward
    3) Road running is surprisingly different to cross training and even treadmill running in my opinion, so do enough actual road running
    4) only increase distances and speeds gradually
    5) if you want a fast time, do some interval training (i didn't do this and should have done).

Feel free to add me.

Good luck.
  • jonenciawood
    jonenciawood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am with you!
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    everyone can add me
  • xXK1LL3RxCH1CXx
    Options
    Great! Maybe you should train as hard as you hate!
  • eddemae
    eddemae Posts: 2
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I ran a 5K a few years back and felt great doing it! Since then I have gained weight and become L A Z Y. I've been inspired by this wonderful man in my life and am ready to get back at it! I need to lose some weight and MFP has opened my eyes with my food intake!

I too am looking for support!

~eddemae
  • reneesroad
    reneesroad Posts: 10
    Options
    I could use some motivational and supportive friends too! I downloaded the app awhile ago but I haven't truly used it yet. I have decided to use it everyday from now on. Good luck to you on your journey and please feel free to add me.
  • SnowGoose01
    Options
    Add me! I promise not to post a lot of negative stuff :)
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just joined the community a few days ago. I've been on a rollercoaster of dieting and giving up for a while. But I'm 100% sure I'm going to succeed. And yes, I agree I'd love to be the 'hot wife' too lol. I'm 31, 5'5, and need to lose 22 lbs, but could really use to lose more. ALSO I'm using c25k (Couch to 5K) to work up to run a marathon in August as well!! So maybe we can do something together! I'm always looking for positive motivation!
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I 47 and have been struggling with my weight for awhile.
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    friend reqest sent! Good luck and welcome to MFP!
  • quiqui29
    quiqui29 Posts: 42
    Options
    Feel free to add me