Newbie Seeking Fit Friends {*100+ to Lose, Please*}

Options
I'm fairly new to this website at the suggestion of a friend of mine, and I think I've been a member for like a little under 2 weeks {I had another account prior to this one but deleted it}. I'm addicted to MFP! I'm literally on here several times a day checking things out. I'm on HERE more than I am on Facebook, which for me speaks volumes. LMFAO. I have a few friends, but some of them don't regularly update or even check in. Then the others don't really fit the same weight loss bracket as I am, which can kind of be discouraging, you know? I have {an almost} 2-year-old daughter who is my world, and I just want to be better for myself and for her. When she gets older and starts going to school, I don't want her to be embarrassed to be seen in public with me. You parents out there know that children, especially the younger ones, can be BRUTALLY honest. Plus, when she grows up and becomes a beautiful young woman, I don't want her to reflect back and remember that her mommy was this big, fat, depressing person. My family and friends who I see daily in person aren't much help at all when it comes to offering support and motivation {they just give me the fake, universal 'I'll be there for you' line and then I never hear from them}, so I'm seeking it here. I just started going to the gym 3-4 times a week after work {I give myself the weekends off}, and I really think some fit friends would really give me the push I need. I'm looking for buddies who log in/update on a regular basis, motivate, and is looking to lose 100 pounds or more. My goal right now is to lose about 130, but more than likely that will change. Thanks for reading, and I hope to be add you soon! =)

Replies

• beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    Hello :smile: feel free to add me... I have a total of about 175 to lose.
  • wyldflowrr_6
    Options
    I started a few years ago (not on MFP) needing to lose 134. I'm down 46 so far but still have a ways to go. Feel free to add me :)
  • BubbiesMommy823
    Options
    Done!
  • Basia_and4345
    Basia_and4345 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100lbs or more to lose, I'm looking at maybe another 30 or so... but I do log in daily, food & exercise. How out of shape I had become hit me when I was looking for a dress for my oldest daughters wedding and it was just a horrible experience. So I decided it was time to get serious about taking care of me. I had been using another popular logging site but I think I like this one much better and will be sticking with MFP. I hope to begin school for Fitness and Nutrition by the beginning of the New Year (have to get my eyes fixed first, Cataracts!!) I would be very happy to Cheer you on, give any suggestions that may help your journey. Feel free to Friend me.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard :)
    My first goal is 68 pounds (I'm almost halfway there!) and I'll eventually, hopefully, lose closer to 100. I'm just focusing right now on not weighing 200+!

I do log in multiple times per day and update after every meal. And I love chatting! Especially about nutrition/exercise stuff, even though opinions are so varied. Feel free to add me!
  • Ivonnegarza1980
    Options
    Hi! When I started my journey I was weighing 210 at my heaviest I was at 230lbs. Right now I'm down at 189 still need more to lose but this site is AWESOME!!! you will find many friends that here to lose weight and motivate each other. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • taracrops
    taracrops Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ive got at least 80lbs to loose - feel free to add me. Good look on your mission :)
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've got 92 pounds to lose to get to my first goal weight, but my ultimate goal weight I have 112 :)
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me. I love having new friends. I love this site and I love having friends who provide the support needed. I have over 100 lbs to lose. Anyone else can add me as well...Good luck to all :bigsmile:
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am not really "fit" but I am a sahm to 3 girls and have around 150 (maybe more) to lose. I log daily and try to motivate friends as often as I can. There is a 100 plus group here too, there some active members, so you might want to join us there too :)
  • Manleymomof2
    Manleymomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100 pounds by July 1, 2014. Feel free to add me
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new serious and motivated buddies!!! Especially if you workout, that's SUPER INSPIRING, love my active peeps!!!
    I had to lose 100 lbs too... I've made it to the half way point, 50 more to go.

:happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....I have alot to lose! I set mini goals....10 lbs. at a time. If you set high goals...you are more likely to get discouraged. I am always excited when I hit another milestone of 10 lbs....take it one day at a time....you did not put on over night and you won't take it off over night.
  • braid67
    braid67 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to this site. I need to lose about 100 lbs. Add me to your list please. I log in several times a day.
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Got about 148 to lose. The more support on here you have, the better you do. Try joining some groups and do some challenges. I find that has helped me more than anything! :)
  • MyAgentJ
    MyAgentJ Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined today. I don't know how to add anyone yet so add me if you can! I would love to have the support of new friends! I'm not sure how much I will lose...I am at 238 now. For now, I'm trying to get off the couch and back into life. I don't know if 138 would be realistic for me but I have AT LEAST 75 to lose! I have just started CrossFit and went for my 4th time today. I look forward to getting to know all of you!!! :)

Jennifer
  • amandajanedavis
    Options
    I have 75-80 lbs that I need to lose. I'm a mother of two beautiful kids, 7 year old son and an almost two-year old daughter. I'm surrounded by people who are thin and don't know what its like to struggle. Just started this site, seriously and NEED ppl to keep memotivated also. Someone who knows how hard it can be.
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm always on here and my diary is open to everyone!
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    add me - 100 to lose. not fit - YET. i used to walk 3 miles a day, then i had foot surgery. its not ready to walk again, but when it is, i'll be back on the track!
  • HulaHawaiiGirl69
    HulaHawaiiGirl69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

45780886.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter