Still not losing!

cazza124
cazza124 Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, This is now my 3rd week and still not lost any weight! any suggestions anyone??

Replies

• the only thing i've heard to kick up your metabolism is to eat and exercise more - don't eat less and exercise more - oddly somethimes eating more will earn you a better metabolism - also no sugar no processed food no sodas and try to stick to complex carbs including whole wheat foods instead of regular flour - uggghhh i know but it'll get easier to cook this way with practice
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Drink lots of water, the more water you drink, the faster your metabolism will get, therefore, you lose more weight :)
  • It could be that you are building muscle and just not seeing the scale move because of this? I know I actually GAINED weight the first week..and just at my weigh in yesterday I am back down to my original starting weight. Obviously I was horribly discouraged the first week so I decided to do measurements as well as weigh myself each week..and when I did that I realized that what I was doing WAS working, even tho the scale wasnt showing it like I hoped. In the last 3 weeks now I have lost 2.2 lbs and lost 2.5 inches between my waist, hips, and neck..

whatever you do, don't give up! :-)
  • Thanks! yea i heard that eating more helps with your metabolism, some days i dnt eat all my calories. I will eat all calories and exercise more this week and see how i get on.

Thanks everyone
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    It could be that you are building muscle and just not seeing the scale move because of this? I know I actually GAINED weight the first week..and just at my weigh in yesterday I am back down to my original starting weight. Obviously I was horribly discouraged the first week so I decided to do measurements as well as weigh myself each week..and when I did that I realized that what I was doing WAS working, even tho the scale wasnt showing it like I hoped. In the last 3 weeks now I have lost 2.2 lbs and lost 2.5 inches between my waist, hips, and neck..

whatever you do, don't give up! :-)

This!
    Definetly keep measurements as well as your weight in mind. I've had a time here where I didn't lose any weight but ended up losing nearly 2 inches off my waist! That's a big deal. Weight and inches don't always seem to be as "hand in hand" as you'd expect so track both weekly. Goodluck and great job keeping motivated despite your hopes. You'll get there, we all promise and we're all here to help!
This discussion has been closed.