Finally able to get pregnant

Options
Okay, So I stopped logging what I ate couple of months ago because I was no longer able to control my appetite. Turns out, I was pregnant! I wanted to let people know that this website helped me get there. I only lost 2 pounds, however I was only 4 pounds from my BMI in the first place. I just dieted slow but I also began watching my sugars. I noticed after the first 3 weeks of managing my sugars my AF returned. I was sad when next month it did not. Little did I know it was because I was pregnant, I thought it was just me missing another cycle. I was having about 3 cycles a year before I watched my sugars, and usually one of those was Provera induced. I just wanted to let woman know... esp those who might be in the same boat I was in, that watching your sugars (and possibly carbs?) might help you conceive. I was able to get pregnant within 2-3 months after 3 years of trying. Good luck

Replies

• Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    Aww congrats! Cheers new mama to be :)
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome - Congrats! :happy:
  • sweetpeas710
    sweetpeas710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations!
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Aw, congratulations!!! :)
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!!
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Okay, So I stopped logging what I ate couple of months ago because I was no longer able to control my appetite. Turns out, I was pregnant! I wanted to let people know that this website helped me get there. I only lost 2 pounds, however I was only 4 pounds from my BMI in the first place. I just dieted slow but I also began watching my sugars. I noticed after the first 3 weeks of managing my sugars my AF returned. I was sad when next month it did not. Little did I know it was because I was pregnant, I thought it was just me missing another cycle. I was having about 3 cycles a year before I watched my sugars, and usually one of those was Provera induced. I just wanted to let woman know... esp those who might be in the same boat I was in, that watching your sugars (and possibly carbs?) might help you conceive. I was able to get pregnant within 2-3 months after 3 years of trying. Good luck

Congratulations!!!

I totally agree with you on watching carbs. I had two kids with lots of medical intervention. After my second was born, I started MFP and started to watch my carbs. I was breastfeeding and I made sure that my bulk of carbs was oatmeal to keep my supply up. When I was done with breastfeeding, I never got AF back. I'm over 40, so I thought with all my fertility issues I might be going through early menopause. I visited my Dr. and told him what was going on. Lots of blood tests and a couple of appointments later, we were surprised with a BFP! I'm so glad that we didn't have to jump through all the hoops and wait for what seems like forever for our new addition.

ETA: And by oatmeal, I mean old fashioned made with water and savory toppings like scrambled eggs, sausage, avocado, bacon (mmm bacon), salsa, onions, etc., but not all at once. For an occasional treat, I will have it with Nutella.
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • xheatherwright
    xheatherwright Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    congrats :) x
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you are in for a truly amazing experience and ride! Forget about wanting to sleep every again though :). Congrats and very nice to hear!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    That is seriously awesome!

I'm so happy for you. :happy:
  • daberle3
    daberle3 Posts: 6
    Options
    What wonderful news! Congratulations!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's truly amazing what can happen when we take better care of ourselves. So happy for you!!!!!
  • enaid08
    enaid08 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm really excited, I was so worried I was infertile. Hope this was help to someone/anyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!