What your favorite healthy/filling snack? (besides Hershey K

Options
Hi - I am looking for handy snack ideas that will keep cravings at bay. I find that green grapes and celery is a very filling combination.

Replies

• theatremack
    Options
    I started doing 8 reduced fat wheat thins and one wedge of laughing cow cheese = 100 calories So some days I even do 16 crackers and 2 wedges. They have all different flavors of cheese too, so it doesn't get boring. Plus 8 crackers may seem like a little but if you lay them out on a small plate and spread the cheese and actually take your time - its a great filling snack.
  • ekh2081
    ekh2081 Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE weight watchers strawberry yogurt bars (froz food section). They are so good and only 60 calories!
  • dnndavie
    dnndavie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas and reduced fat hummus.

Apples and peanut butter/almond butter

apple and string cheese

Half lean sliced turkey sandwich with tsp chutney

Cottage Cheese with fruit (I eat mine with a few raisins and some flaked almonds)

Yogurt (weight watchers yogurt is really low in calories but still has 5 grams of protein)

Rice cake spread with non-fat cream cheese and tomatos
  • sturtle
    sturtle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like berry mixes and quite reasonable this time of year, 60gm Strawberries, 50gm Raspberries and 40gm blueberries. I also like munching food dr essential seeds but quite high in calories, for an occasional treat a bag of revels is about 168 calories, Tesco do a cheese with apple and grape snack box which is 150 calories and it stops my cheese cravings :-)
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    1. banana w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter
    2. wasa crackers (great for fiber/whole wheat) w/ (just about anything on top) veggie cream cheese, peanut butter, turkey w/ feta melted, hummus... (omg, i got really hungry typing that!)
    3. 1/4 c vanilla yogurt w/ 1/4 c granola (can add frozen fruits too...)
    4. fiber one bars
    5. applesauce
    6. dark chocolate. one square. =)

You know what I do? I only go shopping once a week, so I figure out what my two snacks per day are going to be for that week, and have it (same thing) for a week... The next week I change it up. That way I don't get sick of anything, but it's still easy for me to plan my meals...
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I eat grape tomatoes from my mother in law's garden. Four ounces is only 18 calories!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    I started doing 8 reduced fat wheat thins and one wedge of laughing cow cheese = 100 calories So some days I even do 16 crackers and 2 wedges. They have all different flavors of cheese too, so it doesn't get boring. Plus 8 crackers may seem like a little but if you lay them out on a small plate and spread the cheese and actually take your time - its a great filling snack.

laying them out on a LITTLE plate is even better, it tricks your mind into thinking "oooooh look how many crackers i get! 8D" lol

they also have weight watchers brand cheese wedges that are a bit less calories...not as easy to spread (less cream blended in, hence the less calories) but they taste just as delicious....you can find them by the laughing cow usually...i often buy one of each (laughing cow and WW) so that when i have less calories alloted left i have a WW one instead of a Laughing Cow one.

i also like a few cups of green tea (ZERO CALORIES! 8D) your stomach fills up with the water from the tea and you also get a flavor instead of just plain water. and looooots of antioxidants!
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My evening splurge:
    1 Cup Ripe Strawberries
    1/6th of a Sugar Free Angel Food Cake from Wal-Mart
    2 Tablespoons of Light "Cool Whip"

I put the strawberries over the Angel Food cake, and warm it slightly in the microwave (less than 20 seconds), and then top lightly with the Cool Whip. It melts down, and the cake gets soggy. Yum...Yum...
    130 calories (depending on the Cool Whip amount used)
    Kills the sweet tooth perfectly!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have an ounce of almonds and 6 squares from a Green & Black's 85% cocoa choclate bar every day: healthy fats, a sweet and antioxidants and SO filling! Lots of protein and fiber, plus dark chocolate is an appetite suppressant.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    My evening splurge:
    1 Cup Ripe Strawberries
    1/6th of a Sugar Free Angel Food Cake from Wal-Mart
    2 Tablespoons of Light "Cool Whip"

I put the strawberries over the Angel Food cake, and warm it slightly in the microwave (less than 20 seconds), and then top lightly with the Cool Whip. It melts down, and the cake gets soggy. Yum...Yum...
    130 calories (depending on the Cool Whip amount used)
    Kills the sweet tooth perfectly!

OMG - sounds heavenly!
  • kedagd
    kedagd Posts: 2
    Options
    A great dessert and EASY to make!
    Fat Free Pre Made Angel Food Cake
    Fat Free Strawberry yogurt

Spread the Strawberry Yogurt over the cake like you were icing it. Make sure you get a thin layer over the whole cake. Put it in the freezer, once frozen it slices easily and it is SO good.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt:

1 cup Chobani Greek Plain Yogurt (100 calories)
    1/2 cup of chopped Cantaloupe (45 calories)
    1 TB of Cinnamon
    1 tsp chopped almonds (20 cals)
    2 tsp crumbled Fiber One Original Cereal (~15 cals)

Mix it all together, really delish!

Another variation....

Mix in 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (NOT THAWED) and replace the almonds with 2 TB of PB2. Makes it really thick and chilled like frozen yogurt.
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1 square of dark chocolate? That's not filling, that's just torture! :laugh: