Hi MFP

Options
I have a question, I am wondering if anyone has heard of the Squeem (body shaper) if you ever used one and what is your thoughts about it. Does it work, were you satisfied with it etc.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've never heard of it but I hate to see posts with no responses :) Good luck!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    It looks like some sort of corset? No idea how that is going to help you with weight loss.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    From the Squeem website"

"When using this cincher, you will feel satisfied with less food.
    The power of rubber will promote a micro-massage while you move, helping you reduce your measurements.
    Accelerates weight loss as a result of compression and perspiration. "

I think they're over-reaching with that one, but some people use body-shapers to improve/smooth their figure under clothes. Even walmart sells something similar, took me a bit to figure out what they were when I saw them. :laugh:
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think the key word is "cincher", It may make you sweat, but I wouldn't count on that for a weight loss claim. Beware of anything that make you go "hmmmmmmmm". Now they "cinch" in those problem spots and you will like the results!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Soooooooo......it squeezes your innards so hard that you'll be too uncomfortable to eat? I'm going to have to pass on that one.

But I've heard that eating at a reasonable calorie deficit combined with moderate exercise has worked for a few people.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Soooooooo......it squeezes your innards so hard that you'll be too uncomfortable to eat? I'm going to have to pass on that one.

But I've heard that eating at a reasonable calorie deficit combined with moderate exercise has worked for a few people.

^ this worked for me. It all turned out to be a lot easier than I was making it. And it was free!
  • michelleclardy
    michelleclardy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback, my purpose was to help me sweat well working out and maybe do some shaping!
  • michelleclardy
    michelleclardy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    And I am eating healthier and working out as well!!!!
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I enjoy how people always state the obvious about food choices and exercise. No duh, this is MFP so posts like these are "in addition too." I personally have never used one but am THINKING about making the purchase. Yes, Latinas wear them and swear by them as soon as they've grown out of puberty to help train an hour glass figure. Particularly in Colombia. Can anyone say Shakira?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback, my purpose was to help me sweat well working out and maybe do some shaping!

Sweating more won't lead to fat loss. It might lead to water weight loss, but that'll come back.
  • TreEe5
    TreEe5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I and several of my friends own a squeam and I would consider it more of a body shaper. If you get the correct size, it's not going to squish all your organs too tightly or anything like that. It just helps smooth out your shape, improve your posture, and lift your bustline. It'll definitely make you sweat, in a way you might not notice if you're just wearing it around during the day, but when you take that bad boy off, you'll see it. Also, the weight loss claims are a bit of a stretch...yes logically if you're wearing it, you'll feel fuller quicker so you might eat less. And, I believe it's only suitable to wear during certain exercises...it's not conducive to any movement which would require you to bend at the upper ab region - running, elliptical, stepper sure that'll work. One final thought...they don't last forever. I had mine and wore it religiously for several months, and some of the boning in the corset actually broke (again depending on how often you wear it, for how long, and what you're doing). All in all, if you want one, get one, but don't get your hopes up too high about weight loss or toning, I think of it more as an optical illusion :) Hope this helps!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I enjoy how people always state the obvious about food choices and exercise. No duh, this is MFP so posts like these are "in addition too." I personally have never used one but am THINKING about making the purchase. Yes, Latinas wear them and swear by them as soon as they've grown out of puberty to help train an hour glass figure. Particularly in Colombia. Can anyone say Shakira?

you don't get it. there is no "in addition to". if you want, wear a girdle. but you're gonna have to wear it forever, because it's not going to shape your body in any way without it. There is only a calorie deficit and exercise.

And expensive designer jeans. Those definitely help. Just don't forget the heels. DO forget the body shaper.