5ft 8 women, what is your goal?

Options
I have never been slim so I dont know what an ideal goal would be that im happy with my body. Currently my goal is 140lbs but no idea what that will look like.

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 currently weigh 158 pounds im ok with this at the moment away and travelling finding it super hard to workout and eat right:(......... but if some miracle happened and i could weigh lets say 140 - 145 pounds that would be fab!! i looked great at that weight before baby, try the body gallery it shows height and weight on different people
  • Kkonowal
    Kkonowal Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and a half looked great at 145 but smokin at 135 where I'm at now-
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135 which was my pre-pregnancy weight. I was very happy at that weight and could wear anything I wanted. You'll know as you lose where you feel comfortable and what weight feels right to you!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

I am currently in the low 230s which for me is close to my lowest adult weight (227). I've been up to 300 unfortunately (in '08).

My goal for this calendar year is to hit 220, and long term goal I am unsure of but I'm thinking in the 180-200 range, probably the lower end of that. I was happiest with my body when I was around 15 yrs old and weighed about 180. Sounds a little crazy but I have the same figure (proportions and height) so I am fairly certain it will still work on me 20+ yrs down the road.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and am shooting for 150 - but I do have a larger frame, so for me that's pretty slim I think. Once I get there (about 9 pounds away) I will see how i feel - but already at the weight I am now I am pretty happy with how I look!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My goal is 65kg (143lbs). Was only three pounds away and got pregnant. Hopefully I'll get there this time next year. My aim was to fit a size 10 (size 6 US) but that might be 135ish for me (large frame too).
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'8 and currently 152 lbs....looking to get to 145.... I think you should do what makes you happy. I know I will never be 120 lbs, nor do I wish to be that slim......I just want a healthy 145.....
    I am reading some posts and some of us are already there....awesome job :)
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 80kg (176lbs), which is only 4.5kg from where I am now, when I get there I will reassess whether I want to try for 75kg which is my lowest adult weight ever, this was when I was 18 had abs and was a small size 10.. testament to the fact that not all bodies carry weight the same way.

So excited.. can't wait!!
  • amys1410
    amys1410 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 70kg (154lbs) and my goal weight is 68kg (150lbs) because that was the weight I was when I was happiest with my size and could wear whatever I wanted and felt comfortable!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    5'7.5" current 160lbs ...goal 140 lbs
  • Marie285
    Marie285 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’8.5 and weight 260 right now. My goal is to weight 180, for me that’s perfect. My husband will be happy (he doesn’t like me thin):blushing: and I will keep all of my curves which I love. I’ve strived for that every elusive 150 lbs., and finally realized that it was not a size for me and because of my build I always look a lot smaller than I actually am.

I had a Dr. tell me years ago; forget about that weight number, how do you feel and how are your numbers? So, for me it’s to be healthy and have all of my number (BP, Cholesterol) in check.:smile:
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If I ever get to 155ish, great. I'm currently 163, and told that I look great :)
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have been "stuck" at 163 for the past two months. My original goal weight was 160, so I'm pretty close. But I still have a big, floppy belly, so I think 150 might be reasonable if I really, really, really worked for it ... except that I don't really want to. I look good in clothes, people tell me I'm "skinny" and I'm not worried about the scale now that I've lost 52 lbs. I want to tone my belly but if in a year I still weigh 163, that's okay. My new goal is to wear a bikini next summer!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 162 right now (highest was 250), my goal right now is 155. Like others, I'm going to reassess my goal weight again once I get there...
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have been "stuck" at 163 for the past two months. My original goal weight was 160, so I'm pretty close. But I still have a big, floppy belly, so I think 150 might be reasonable if I really, really, really worked for it ... except that I don't really want to. I look good in clothes, people tell me I'm "skinny" and I'm not worried about the scale now that I've lost 52 lbs. I want to tone my belly but if in a year I still weigh 163, that's okay. My new goal is to wear a bikini next summer!

This is so me too! I'm 5'8" and have been "stuck" at 158-163 since February. I do want to lose another 10-15 pounds to hopefully lose more of the floppy belly that is making it so I can't yet wear a bikini. I am enjoying looking good with clothes on at least though. A bikini by next summer is also my goal.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and currently weigh 222.9 lbs. I was 275 at my highest, but I'd like to be to the 180-190 range. I have a larger frame, but am starting to see a bit of an hourglass figure underneath all my fat! I've lost 52 lbs already, and I'm working towards being 199 by the end of the year. We'll see. Genetically my family (on both sides) are larger and top heavy, so I may not have a fighting chance with genetics, but we'll see. I've always been heavier, so I feel like if I get down to even 160 I'd look weird!

So 180-190 lbs ideally :)
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Been 5'8 all my adult life until they min used me by ½ an inch .. so I'm hoping to
    get my ½ inch back soon but a good weight @ that height, taking bone size into
    consideration would be 130-140. I'm striving for 135.
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" too and looking to get to 180. I have a large frame and very athletic build. I have had multiple people guess that I currently weight 160 - 165, which makes me feel really good, but it's far from what I actually weigh. I think getting down to the 160's is too much for me and I am not sure I could maintain that. I'm looking to get to a weight that is maintainable and healthy for me, not what the charts say.
  • hannahthesoundgirl
    hannahthesoundgirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'7" and currently weigh 250. I think I could be very healthy and thin at around 190. I'm currently between a size 16 and 18. I'm losing slowly to keep my sanity, as well as my muscle mass. I'm pretty muscular and I'd like to keep that around.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If I ever get to 155ish, great. I'm currently 163, and told that I look great :)

I'm in exactly the same place as you! Except for the being told I look great part...but oh well. :flowerforyou: