Options
Lone_Wolf70
Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
It really does.

Replies

• puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to eat a whole piece of cake and not knowing, (or caring,) how many calories and sugar I have just consumed.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    I think its the whole being aware and knowing that sucks....
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. I hate having to be conscious of it ALL the time. I would REALLY love not to have to think about it ALL the time.
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    You feel better but still, bad food tastes so nice! It's worth eating right though!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I get tired of having to think about it all the time, too. And sometimes I get tired of controlling my portions, and I don't want to eat a little of something, I want a lot of something.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ignorance was definitely bliss before I started counting calories :grumble:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! Here lately I've been really wanting to give in to the tasty, bad-for-me food...
  • disgruntledone
    disgruntledone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY!!!!!! I remember the days of being able to stop at fast food places and ordering something for lunch and moving on with my day. Now I have to drive around figuring out what is around that actually has something I can eat. So I end up spending my whole lunch period driving around aimlessly. and before someone says it yes I know preparing a meal is the best way to go but I don't ALWAYS have time for that either! (deep breath) ok now I feel better. ;-)
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ain't that the truth! I miss milkshakes more than anything. :( Other "bad" foods I've managed to continue eating, only in smaller portions. But knowing how many calories are in a shake has killed my desire to ever have another.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ain't that the truth! I miss milkshakes more than anything. :( Other "bad" foods I've managed to continue eating, only in smaller portions. But knowing how many calories are in a shake has killed my desire to ever have another.

I started experimenting with smoothies, and as I tried new things, they gradually got healthier and healthier. I can't do even a couple of sips of fast food milkshakes now. Not sure whether that's a victory or not...